Birthday Treats

P1050928

Here's a little cutie I have made just for fun. The image is a yummy one (pardon the pun) from the wonderful die-cuts at Lili of the Valley. I've matted the image onto some lovely shiny card-stock and used the same to make the corners. I actually cut this down from a much larger precut scalloped die-cut circle, I've used a smaller pink circle mat from the same set behind the sentiment. These die-cut scalloped circles were part of a 'Goody Bag' I bought through the online retailer 'ArtyMiss'. I was so sad when that site shut down as it was one of my favourite places to buy my stash. The business has now been absorbed into The Craft Barn .

This card is an early attempt at using 3 dimensional mulberry paper flowers, so I am still lacking in confidence to go really mad with that. But I am happy with the small spray I've used this time. I love the papers on this card. They are from the delish range of My Mind's Eye Papers. The lovely floral paper is from the 'Pretty Please Spring Papers' and the plainer papers are from the 'Quite Contrary Summer Papers' . These 6x6 papers were a fabulous give-away with two separate issues of my favourite card magazine 'Cardmaking & Papercraft'. I used a lovely doily behind the image, which was one of my first attempts at using this style of embellishment, but silly me, I used a wet glue to fix the doily and sadly this shows through. But live and learn!

I have a few more links to add into this post, but want to get it live for now. Back soon, thanks for looking x

Comments

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy