Magical Malte

A fun lil' card for a small boy I love to bits. He turned 7 in February and every year bar this, we have got together for his and my daughter Georgie's birthdays. They are only a few weeks apart in age and both February babies, so it's been a ritual since we've known each other to come together in either London or Malmo for a birthday celebration. To my great chagrin, it didn't happen this year. So this card arrived very late, as we had had several attempts to get together since Christmas that fell through. So I hope not too anticlimactic since it was so after the fact!


I thought this little image was rather charming for a young boys birthday celebration. He's about the right age for 'magic' to be quite fun and exciting. So this was my motivation to use this cute 'Tommy Wizard' image from Stamp Fairy. He and his mummy are real 'book worms', so I thought this one of Tommy on top of a pile of spell books was the perfect hat-tip to his love of books.

The background paper was from a free paper with one of my craft magazines and I love how perfectly it sits with the image. I had great fun colouring this with my promarkers. I went over the gown several times to try and get the hint of shadows on the darker colour just right. I'm pretty pleased with the result. I added a little Glitter Magic to the stars on his hat for a little interest and made a tiny wand from an old unused match. I covered the match head with 'Glossy Accents', so it would no longer strike and fixed it to the card by tying it onto a star and button which I had stitched together for a simple embellishment.

I feel very attached to this card, which I think is purely because of the little man it is going to and I'd love to hear what you think of my 'Tommy'. Thanks for looking today x

Comments

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy