Charming Tea Companions




I was completely charmed when I came across this digi-stamp on the Stitchy Bear Stamps website. I wanted to use it straight away and had the perfect person in mind to make this sweet card for. I'm so happy with how it turned out, especially with the delicate little touches of glitter which I think really set this card off. The three hearts on the sentiment were offcuts from the Woodware border punch I used along the top of the image mat which I glittered with fine pink glitter. The glitter was actually a give away with one of my daughter's magazines! It has a lovely irridescence and was just the right shade to work with the pretty pink Haberdashery backing paper from Joanna Sheen and the lovely seam binding ribbon from Wild Orchid Crafts. I was given the pretty decorative corner by the lovely folks at Dreamees that I've used in the top right hand corner. I glittered it so that it sat more easily in with the theme and I'm happy with the sweet sparkle and it's understated finish. The next photo gives you a better view of this and also a closer look at the pretty Tibetan silver heart charm, with it's swirl detail. I bought this from the lovely folks of 'Mei Flower' at the Alexandra Palace Big Stamp & Scrapbooking Show last year. The 'Butterfly' embellishment is a 'Tonic Studios' punch which I finished off with three small tan coloured pearls from Wild Orchid Crafts. I used the white ones from this set to embellish the bottom left hand corner of the card.

P1060729



P1060735
Here's a close-up of the sweet wee chaps in the teacup.

I have used Promarkers to colour them. Ice greys for the mouse on the left and cool greys for the spoon and the mouse on the right. I haven't done a lot of 'critter' colouring, so I'm really pleased with how they came out.

Here are a couple of extra close up pics of some of the lovely features on this card. I LOVE this beautiful intricate lace. It's a pretty bright white guipure lace from the lovely people at Wild Orchid Crafts. They have a great selection of the loveliest lace.

P1060731

Here's a closer pic' of the teacup, the cheeky chappies and the lovely glitter on the daisies. I used Glitter Magic to add a hint of sparkle to the daisies just to give them a little lift. It's just enough I think without going OTT. This pic also shows nicely the pretty paper used for the teacup, the image mat and the 'wrapped parcel' mat off to the right. This paper is from a pretty 'Webster's Pages' paper pack given away with issue 95 of Simply Cards & Papercraft. Such a lovely paper pack with some really sweet papers. They have a retro, romantic oldy-worldy feel. This is my first make from the pack, but I'm sure it will feature again soon.

P1060758

I've edged the image and sentiment with a Promarker to tone in with the pretty mat paper. The colour I used was ironically called 'Tea Green'. I've bought all my Promarkers from 'Cowling & Wilcox' lately as they've had such a wonderful New Year sale on them.

Whew! Unintentionally long post, so thanks for sticking with me. Hope you've enjoyed looking at this card and thanks for visiting my blog.

Comments

Annette said…
This is a sweetie. I love that cute image and the pink (I looooooove pink!!!) Hope to see more of your creations soon.
Annette
xx
Love this image and the sentiment. Too cute! I also love the charm. Why do I never think to buy them when I see them? I need to get some, they add a great .....gosh it must be late, my brain can't think of how to say it. The charm looks fabulous!! (How's that?)
Blessings,
Michelle
Thanks Annette, you are the first person to comment on my new blog! Will try to get more of my cards up soon. So lovely to get some feedback xxxx
Thanks for your lovely comment, I do love to use charms when I can. I thought this one fitted perfectly with the image and style I'd chosen for the card, so it's lovely to read your feedback. Thanks for visiting my new blog x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy