Kenz & Tilly Engagement Card




I am nutty about the gorgeous digital stamps created by Australian stamp company 'Emerald Faerie Garden'. I love this image in particular as it immediately made me think of my seven year old daughter and my not quite 2 year old son and the love they have for each other. What better image I thought, to convey all the love we feel for my brother and his lovely fiancee on the announcement of their engagement. I wanted to send them a 'hug through the post' from their little niece and nephew and think this image conveys that so well. So yes, not your typical engagement congratulations image, but worked so beautifully on this occasion. I had great fun working with shading using my trusty 'Promarkers', limiting my colour palette and echoing that in the double mat and lovely dreamy patterned background paper from the 'Snowman Range'. I added a little sparkle to their wings using 'Glitter Magic'. I dipped a couple of the paper roses in the glitter also to tie in the theme. This satellite floral arrangement was a very early attempt at using this style of floral embellishment, so I'm hoping I will improve with time. I used a 'floral punch' leaf punch that I picked up from Alexandra Palace Big Stamp & Scrapbooking craft fair and dipped them in the 'Glitter Magic' also. The flowers I used are all ones I also picked up at the Alexandra Palace Big Stamp & Scrapbooking craft fair and were sold loosely, so I'm not sure their exact sizes. I used three different roses, five larger lilac roses, four darker aubergine coloured roses which I deepened their colour using Promarkers and two of the four paler ones I glittered to lift the arrangement. I also added a little 'Spray of Pearls' to add a bit of depth and interest to the arrangement. The sentiment I made using a great digital sentiment stamp from Netty's Cards and after colouring with Promarkers added Ranger's Glossy Accents glue to create the 'bubble' effect I wanted. I used a Spellbinders scallop circle die to create the mat for this. I hope you enjoy seeing my little creation as much as I enjoyed making it for the rather special people it made it's way to.

Comments

Annette said…
Oh wow, this is adorable. I love the lilac colours and that flower spray is just fab. I also like these cute images and you've coloured her beautifully. Thanks so much for the credit for my freebie sentiment. I'm so glad you've got use from it. And I love the glossy accent bubble effect. I may have to use that idea too!! Thanks so much for your email too!
Annette
xx
Anita Bownds said…
wonderful card,awesome colours too..
thanks for joining in on the emerald faeries challenge good luck Hugz Anita..XX
lulucker said…
I Love what you have done. Blues blended with purples is warm and 'huggy' love the flower arrangement on the side too! Thank you for joining us at EFG.
Hugs
Lu x
Melissa said…
This is a gorgeous card. thanks for joining us at the Emerald faerie.
Hugs
Melissa

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy