Crazy Cravings

I just love this digi-stamp from Krista Smith of 'Saturated Canary', depicting those wild and crazy cravings expectant mummas have. I started with the idea of using Orange, as it's a great colour for pregnant women. It's the colour associated with the sacral chakra, sexuality and fertility. So I thought it was a fun place to start. I made this card for a lovely pal of mine who is now expecting her second child. I laughed out loud when I saw the pickle on top! Just like the crazy cravings I had when I was pregnant!! Being a Kiwi, the ice cream of course had to be 'Hokey Pokey'. So this is why I have dotted two of the ice cream scoops to look like the honey flavoured candy pieces. My all time favourite, try it if you ever get the chance! Hard to find outside New Zealand!!


The papers I've used for this are from the lovely 'Pretty Please' Spring Papers from 'My Mind's Eye'. The lovely cotton lace was in my stash, but you can pick up similar gorgeous lace from 'Wild Orchid Craft'. The border punch I used for the detail along the top of the card is a 'Martha Stewart' punch - Floral Lace. The paper flowers, round sentiment and ribbons are ones I've had in my stash for a while and I can't recall where they're from annoyingly. I do recall the sentiment came with one of my crafty mags, so I'll try to hunt down which one and let you know. Finally, the sentiments were created using 'Whimsy Stamps' Mini Ticket Die and the coordinating Mini Ticket Sentiment stamp set.

I'm slowly uploading all the pics of my cards and trying to add some commentary. So I hope you're finding something of interest and thank you for looking! x

Comments

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy