Lavender Sky




I have a sweet card using a Saturated Canary image today - Ava. This is a lovely 'freebie' from Krista Smith, which just captured my attention immediately. The look of innocence and all the sweet frilly layers on her dress, I just love it! I'm planning to give this to a friends daughter for her birthday and went for a lovely 'sunny blonde' as her daughter has the most stunning sunny blonde hair. I added a little glitter to the highlight areas for fun and just to see how it would turn out and I'm quite pleased with my experiment. I glittered the balloon first and am not so sure it's not a little OTT, but overall, I'm pretty pleased with this lil' cutie. I masked the image to create the lavender sky behind. I haven't tried this technique before and I'm so happy with how it came out. I really wanted to keep the sky in the same colours as I'd chosen for the main image, so it almost has a 'dusk' feel about it.


I completely adore gingham, my favourite is red gingham, but any gingham makes my heart sing, don't ask me why, it's just a quirk of mine! So I was super excited to find a lovely yellow gingham paper that worked with the golden hair I'd chosen, it was in my stash, and I'm not sure where from, sorry, will update if I find out the details. The spotty paper was actually cut out of a crafty shop advertisement and the check paper is from the lovely 'We R Memory Keepers' paper stack - Travel Light. This 6x6 paper stack was a free gift with one of the 'Simply Cards & Papercraft' magazine issues. I really like these papers, there are some really fun designs for the men in our lives! But this check just worked perfectly for today's make.
P1080545

I was really happy with the sweet daisy flowers to finish the design, and sadly can't recall where I got those, as they've been in my stash for ages. But the lovely white lace is from Wild Orchid Craft and is stunning. I love the look of guipure lace on cards.

The sentiment ticket I bought a long time ago, I thought from Cuddly Buddly, but can't find the link for it, so please correct me if you know otherwise! The lovely rainbow shimmer gemstones and the sweet yellow gingham bow I bought from Mei Flower at the Alexandra Palace Big Stamp and Scrapbooking Show.

I am entering this card into the 'Saturated Canary Challenge #21. I've wanted to enter for ages, but just don't usually get the time to make cards specific to the challenges, but this challenge is 'Bling it on' and I think this card qualifies!

I am also entering this card into the Passion for Promarkers 157 - Gingham/Checks. How perfect is that! Love my Promarkers, all my cards are coloured with these fabby pens.

Let me know what you think and thanks for looking today. Hugs, Wends x


Comments

Loopylou. said…
Nenny this is just perfect hun, its so beautiful and I love the warm yellow papers too.
Thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the sc challenge blog
hugs Lou xxx
The Crafty Den said…
Hi Wends, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. I agree with you any gingham paper is divine!! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x
Debs said…
So Pretty :0)..thanks for sharing them with us at PFP this week..hugs Debs x
Pop's Cards said…
Hi sweetie, love your creation its beautiful, thank you for joining us at Saturated Canary this time, hugs Pops x x x
Bev said…
Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Saturated Canary Challenge this time x
Tanya S said…
Oh wow this is stunning ! I looove the color combo !Fab card hun !Thanks for stopping by my blog as well :) Hugs ! Thanks for the comment for my daughter,she is doing as well as she can,she has RJA and Uveitis. We are still trying to save her from blindness but we let nothing get us down :)

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy