San Diego Sweethearts




I love this Tiddly Inks image and have used it a couple of times just recently to celebrate weddings and anniversaries. This one however, was to celebrate my baby sister's first wedding anniversary. She is 'Scandanavian Blonde', our Swedish genes came out in her beautifully! So I did my best to do her gorgeous blonde hair justice in this image and her hubby is of Persian descent, so I also tried to do his gorgeous tanned skin tone justice. It's not perfect, but when they get the card, there'll be no denying who the couple is meant to represent! So I'm chuffed with the overall effect.

I thought the yellow papers looked great to set off the lovely blonde hair and found some papers that toned perfectly in my stash. I'm not sure where the papers are from. The background paper is relatively new, which came I think from my Scrapbooking magazine as a giveaway. The other papers I'm not sure, I'll have to rummage through again and try to pin down their sources. Will update when I know.

The stunning guipure lace is Wild Orchid Crafts and the sweet heart and decorative corner is from Whimsy. I edged all the layers with tea dye Ranger Distress Ink as the Walnut ink I tend to favour was too dark against the yellow. The amber pearls are from Mei Flower and the doily and sentiment are from stash.

Thanks for looking today. I hope you like what you see. Thanks for visiting my little corner of the blogasphere. Hugs, Wends x

Update: The papers were a magazine cover gift, but I believe they are from Pink Petticoat.

Comments

Doreen said…
This is just gorgeous ,love the image and fabulous colours.xxx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy