Crafty Heart




Here is a wee card I made for the daughter of a very dear friend. She was turning 6 and is right at that age, where there's no better present than glitter glue and bits of paper. She has a crafty wee heart, which of course I love! So when looking for a gift for this wee doll, I knew exactly what sort it had to be and had in mind the perfect image of Krista Smiths from Saturated Canary to use for her birthday card.

I just love this sentiment for children's cards. I so hope when my kiddies are older they can look back on their childhood and feel it held a little bit of magic, a lot of love and loads of great adventures. So I snagged this sentiment quickly when I found it at a recent craft fair from the lovely folks at Lili of the Valley.

The lovely papers came as a giveaway from one of my crafty mag's, I just can't recall which one, sorry. But I just loved the way they worked with this image and not being too brave with the whole 'torn edge' distressed approach, but inspired by the amazing cards of Pops Morfitt, I decided to give it a go on this card. A little doily, some pretty sheer organza ribbon and a lovely polka-dot ribbon from stash plus some distress ink to the edges, a sweet little glittery butterfly and hey presto, c'est fini.

I was delighted with how this card came together and it was a joyful thing to wrap all the pressies in gorgeous paper and pretty ribbons knowing this card was the 'cherry on top'. Gorgeous present wrappings is just one of those things that makes my heart sing! Uh oh, I feel a 'Sound of Music' moment coming on! LOL.

Thanks for looking today. It's always so lovely to get a visit! Hugs, Wends x

(All my cards are coloured using Promarkers, Flexmarkers and Metallic Markers. I have entered this card into the I Heart Promarkers  'Anything Goes' Challenge.)

Comments

As.I.Do.Rodos. said…
Gorgeous image and card good luck with the I ♥ ProMarkers Anything Goes challenge. Hugs Ginny ♥
Lorraine said…
Absolutely gorgeous. Great layout too. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy