Lil' Dutch Beauty

Today's card is for a new Dutch Challenge Blog. This gorgeous image is from the talented Krista Smith of Saturated Canary and was offered free through the new blog if used to enter their challenge. So here is my take on this lovely image. I've used orange as my point of inspiration, as whenever we've visited Holland, this colour has featured heavily in their souvenir shops.

I have used a pretty floral paper that was actually an advertisement for a Knitting and Stitching show. The add features in the centre underneath all my layers, so I've just used the border and a strip cut from below the advertisement as the central strip. I thought it was such a pretty floral and I'm a keen recycler, so this was fun to use. The papers used to layer up behind the image were a freebie with a recent magazine, I'll hunt down which one later on and update.

I'm super pleased with the floral spray, which I've used my brand new Memory Box Blossom die to create the platinum coloured flower. I glittered the Magnolia Doohickey Heart Swirl with some Stickles Star Dust, to add a little interest. I used my new Romantic Rectangles Large die to matt the image and then matted again to really set off the pretty edge of the die, so it wasn't lost in all the contrasting background papers. 


P1090822
A Close up of the Blooms



A Close-up of Krista's Lovely Dutch Girl

Recipe:
Blooms: Wild Orchid Crafts & Memory Box Cherry Blossom Die
Image: Canary Dutch Girl ~ Krista Smith, Saturated Canary
Colouring Medium: Promarkers & Flexmarkers
Paper Edging: Memento ~ London Fog
Border Punch: X-cut ~ Flower Doily
Glitter: Stickles ~ Star Dust
Pearls: Mei Flower

I hope you like what you see today and do leave me a comment if you visit, so I can come visit you in return.  Big hugs, Wends x

Comments

Elise said…
OoOh this is so pretty!!! I love this little Dutch girl and how you've coloured her! Beautiful!

Hugs,
Elise
Wishcraft said…
So gorgeous! Love the sweet image and all your fab layers :o) Hugs, Lisa x
June Nelson said…
This is gorgeous and I love you colourful background too, its beautiful, love it hunnie, big huggies June xxxxxxxxxx
Hazel said…
Beautiful card Wendy - I am loving those background papers - they're fab.

Thank you for coming to visit me and leaving me some very much appreciated comments.

Take care and have a good week.

Toodle Pip

Hazel xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy