Best Friends Forever

As promised, here is the card from the 'sneak peak'. I made this for my little girls best friend, who has recently moved to Switzerland. They've been bossom buddies since they were 4 years old! So it's a very special friendship and with us both leaving the UK within a short space of time, we are hoping the girlies can stay in touch as penpals. So this was our first little 'penpal' post to Switzerland.

When I saw this Tiddly Inks image I just new it was the right one to use, inked up as if they are wearing their uniforms, this image worked perfectly! My daughter was incredibly proud to be sending this to her best friend, which made me so happy for her.


(For a close up of the tag see my previous post)

As always I've used Promarkers to colour the image and I thought the Papermania Portobello Road Union Jack paper was the perfect background for our globe-trotting British babies. A sweet sentiment tucked into the side on a Magnolia Doohickey tag, some denim distress ink to the edges and a couple of silver ribbons to mirror the grey uniform and hey presto, done!

I am entering this into the Tiddly Ink Challenge #97 - 'Make it like Lou'. I used the blue, red and beige colours from Lou's gorgeous creation as the inspiration for my background paper and also used a Wryn image, as she had done albeit it different to the one she chose. I think my interpretation of the sketch was pretty fun, so hope the challenge team do too.

Thanks for coming to visit today. Hang around, browse the back files, have a cuppa, and if you like what you see say hi, so I can come visit you too. Hugs, Wends x

Comments

Unknown said…
What a sweet card! So great for a best friend! Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks!
Unknown said…
This is totally gorgeous! I LOVE the Union Jack paper behind the image!! Thank you so much for joining us for our Make It Like Lou challenge at Tiddly Inks! Xx
Wishcraft said…
Oh this is so sweet! Love the image, it's just perfect. Fab papers and design too :o) Hugs, Lisa x
cats whiskers said…
Oh Wends this is so sweet. Thanks so much for your idea for the hedgehog houses I went straight on the website and ordered one just perfect for my eldest son, I know he will love it, thanks again sweetie
xxxxx
Hazel said…
Hi Wends

This is beautiful. I love the image - its just perfect.

I hope you have a good weekend.

Thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving me some much appreciated comments.

Ta ta for now.

Hazel xx
Donna Mosley said…
Aww! Nenny, this is so adorable. love the very cute image.

Donna x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy