A Special Christmas

Here as promised, finally, is the completed card I made with that beautiful image from Crissy Armstrong and Whimsy Stamps. I absolutely love this image and knew what and who I wanted to use it for the moment I saw it! It's been coloured with a very minimal approach using my trusty Promarkers. I love the softness of the palette. The details haven't shown up so well in the photo sadly.


I thought the combination of this sweet image with the wonderful sentiment stamp from Stampendous was inspired to convey our happiness and excitement for the safe and happy arrival of the newest little member of our extended family.


I kept the colours neutral, as I didn't know whether it was a boy or girl when I was making it, but I'm happy with the outcome anyway and hope it will be received with all the love it was made. Here's a close-up of the lovely blooms. They are a pretty fabric bloom from Prima called 'Kennedy Antique' I picked up just recently from Live and Love Crafts and was so happy to be able to use on this card, for the soft shabby chic feel they lent. They're on special at the moment, so go check them out if you likey. The lovely chocolate coloured hessian ribbon is also from Live and Love Crafts and the beautiful matt papers are Maja Designs - Vintage Summer Basics. I love that paper stack to bits! It's totally delish, so it was lovely to use these on this card. The 8x8 background paper is from a First Edition stack. I don't recall exactly which one however, sorry.

P1100998

So there it is at last, the finished card. I hope you've all had a wonderful Christmas day, shared with all those you love. Thanks for popping by today, I love your visits! Hugs, Wends x

Comments

Tammy (LaDiva) said…
Spectacular!!!!! Happy Holidays to you and yours!
Tammy at Créations LaDiva :) xx

I have some candy on my blog, would love to have you join, still a few days left :) Thank you if you already have ☺
Loopylou. said…
Morning wends!!
oh this is so cute, I love those soft fawny colours.
Super duper good luck and happy new home and year wishes coming your way hun, I hope you are all settled in for some new year crafting real soon
huge hugs Lou xxxx
Unknown said…
Oh, this is so sweet, thanks for sharing. Beautiful sentiment & a gorgeous stamp, as well as a perfect colour match with the pretty Prima flowers. This Maja paper is one of my favourites; the backside I use all the time as a background when taking pics of my cards and projects. :-)

Wishing you and your family all the best for the New Year!
Hugz,
Sandy
Jenny said…
So beautiful! I love the image and the sweet sentiment. Jen xx
Jane said…
I love this sentiment......hugs to you, best wishes for 2013! xx
Wishcraft said…
Super sweet image and a gorgeous card, love that sentiment :o) Hugs, Lisa x
Pop's Cards said…
Hi sweetie, this is so gorgeous, love the colours too, gorgeous creation, huggles Pops x x x
Hazel said…
Hey Nenny

beautiful care and the image is just so so sweet.

Thank you for your support and comments during 2012, they are so very much appreciated and I would like to wish you a HAPPY, HEALTHY, PROSPEROUS AND CRAFTY NEW YEAR!

I hope you have a great weekend.

Take care

Toodles

Hazel xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy