A Fond Fairwell

It snowed today, not just a flurry, but a proper white out! I sat earlier today, enjoying a warm cuppa safe and snug indoors, watching the white stuff softly fall. It's so magical. But my nose was froze and my toes was froze later doing the school run! Funny though, feels like proper Winter! This is what my kiddos had hoped for, for our last Christmas in the UK. The snow is a little late for Christmas, but none the less, the kiddos are so excited that it snowed one last time before we leave. 

This was our last Christmas day in the UK for the foreseeable future and it was blessed by spending it with friends we love. Now it's the mad rush to the finish line, to get all our house contents moved back to New Zealand and for us to follow soon after. It's been an amazing 13 years here in the UK. We have two British babies to take home with us and 13 years of wonderful memories! Thank you to our 'Mother Land' and all her wonderful people for not only accepting us these past 13 years, but for making us feel at home. It is the end of an era for us and the parting will be very bittersweet. Although we are very excited about returning home to New Zealand after so long away, we are also incredibly sad to be leaving the UK and all those friends who have become family. We will miss you all and there's a warm welcome waiting for you in New Zealand!

Now only remains for me to say my final goodbyes to all my wonderful blog buddies that have made this final year for me in the UK such an inspiring one creatively. You have really lit a spark of passion for me with my card and paper crafting. Being able to view and admire all the work of such talented and inspiring paper crafters has really helped me to improve and become more ambitious with my own paper crafting. There are too many of you to mention, but you know who you are from all the comments I've left on your blogs over the year. I thank you for welcoming me into this wonderful craft community and look forward to checking in again when I'm settled in New Zealand and have finally taken all my craft stash back out of the boxes!

Happy New Year to you all and I wish you all a year filled with love, laughter, lots of crafty moments and pennies enough for some new craft stash when the whim takes you! Until I'm back 'down under' this is the Crafty Kiwi Mama signing off. E noho ra, Wendy xxx

P1100375
This was made by my daughter Georgie for her Grandpa's Birthday in October.

P1100379
This was Zac's card for Grandpa. He had such fun colouring it!

Comments

Pop's Cards said…
Awww I love these cards they are so sweet, take after there mama, I hope you will still blog when you get home, drop me an email from time to time, massive hugs and thank you for your kind words, huggles Pops x x x x
Deb said…
Good luck with your big move, look forward to seeing you again when you settle back home!
Debxx
June Nelson said…
Hiya shug, two wonderful little cards awww bless, hope your home by now and cant wait to see yournext creation big huggles June xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Elise said…
Awwww! Such cute cards by your lil ones! Hope your move goes smoothly and everything goes well! :)

Sending big Hugs,
Elise
Sue said…
Just popping on to say a massive thank you for all of the kind comments you have left for me recently, I really do appreciate it.
I love Georgie and Zac's gorgeous cards.
I hope the move went well and that all is well with you.
Hugs Sue

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy