Birthday Girlie

I made this card for one of my lovely British girlfriends, to celebrate her birthday. I just love this image from the Pergamano set Flower Girls and wanted to colour it to depict her. I was really pleased with how it came out too. She has the most beautiful skin and I wanted to capture a little of that beauty here, so was chuffed with the ink! Yay Promarkers! I should have used the fine tip on the hair, as the hair strands are a little chunkier than I'd have liked, but oh well, live and learn! I can't recall which papers these are, but I love this set and the sweet parcels worked perfectly for this birthday make and to bring the flower colours out. I inked a few butterflies into the pic and added a die cut butterfly to finish the card from the Cheery Lynn Small Exotic Butterfly set. I've used plenty of Stickles glue on the flowers in the picture, the butterflies and a hint on the edge of the paper flowers too, which shows up better in the second picture. I used a lovely Xcut Nesting Die shape called Parenthesis to create the mat for the picture and for the picture frame too. The ribbon is from Stash and the paper flowers are Wild Orchid Crafts.

P1090851

The sweet shoes on my girlie were done with the ruby metallic Promarker. It doesn't show up well here because of the sheen these markers create, but the colour in reality is a lovely warm reddy pink which works really well with the sheen of the pink pearls I used in the corners. These flatback pearls came from MeiFlower.

P1090852

Thanks for stopping by today. I really appreciate your visit. If you like what you see, do leave me a comment and I'll be sure to come visit you in return.

I'm entering this card into the 'Passion for Promarkers' - Challenge 190 - Butterflies.

Comments

Sue said…
Such a beautiful card Wendy. I love the pretty image, gorgeous papers and wonderful detailing.
Hugs Sue
Pop's Cards said…
Morning sweetie, this is just gorgeous, I love it, huggles Pops x x x
Elise said…
Oh this is so stunning!!!

Big Hugs,
Elise
Cathy said…
Gorgeous card and such a sweet image. Thank you for joining in the Passion for Promarkers challenge this time.

Cathy xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy