Jani's Mermaid

I have a sweet lil' mermaid card to show you today. I made this for one of my sisters. She's a real water baby and her long blonde hair always makes me think she looks like a mermaid. So I'm drawn to making her things with that sort of theme. This card is no exception, but I particularly loved this image. A beautiful scene of a mermaid with her baby and dolly. So sweet! I love all the details in this stamp, the dolphin's in the background, the crab and seahorses up front and the rustic old treasure chest. A beautiful detailed stamp. You can find it at Crafts and Me and it's by the talented artist Hannah Lynn. This stamp is called Kathleen & Summer.

Mermaid3

Here's a slightly closer look at the lovely starfish charm I've used. I think I bought this from MeiFlower a while back. Can't remember exactly, but I get most of my charms there, so it's a pretty safe bet! I wanted to keep the card layout very clean and simple, as the stamp is so detailed, I didn't want it to get lost amongst lots of embellishments, so a little twine and the sweet starfish charm finished it nicely I think. I added a hint of blue ink around the top edges to suggest water and was quite happy with how that came out. My experiments don't always work! 

Mermaid4

Here's a closer look at Hannah Lynn's beautiful creatures. I just love the details in the hair and their sweet faces. If you haven't checked out her stamps before, go and take a look at the lovely range at Crafts and Me. The image is of course coloured with my trusty Promarkers and Flexmarkers and I LOVE how the colours in the tail blended so perfectly. Yay Letraset! Love those inks.

Mermaid8

I hope you've enjoyed looking at my creation today, thanks for stopping by! If you like what you see, leave me a comment and I'll be sure to pop by your blog too. Hugs, Wends xxx

I'm entering this card into the latest I Love Promarkers Challenge - Anything Goes.

Comments

Pop's Cards said…
Morning sweetie, this is gorgeous...
Love your colour choices too...
Huggles Pops x x x
Sue said…
This is stunning Wendy. I love the image, wonderful colouring and such a gorgeous charm
Hugs Sue
Karen said…
This is gorgeous, fab image too, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx
coops said…
so stunning wendy.fabulous design and colouring and I love this beautiful detailed image :D

xx coops xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy