Fairy Friend

Well the past couple of weeks have gone by in a blur. Greg's folks just left this morning after a week with us. We've had a lovely visit with them, but the reason for it was heartbreaking. One of Greg's uncles passed away, so it's been a bittersweet few days. We've had some very special moments with extended family amongst the sadness however, so we are thankful for our family and the strength they have through all this.

In celebration of special family. My card today is for one of my lovely aunties, who recently gave my children some very special presents. A lovely book for my small boy and a gorgeous English flower fairies dinner plate for my Georgie. I have loved these flower fairies since I was first introduced to them years ago on our arrival to the UK and I have bought Georgie several pieces from this gorgeous kids dinner-set. I had tried to get her a dinner plate before leaving the UK, only to find they had stopped making this set and were now producing a different fairy in the range. So imagine my joy, when my Aunty's present for Georgie was the dinner plate from the very set I had not been able to get in the UK! I was so happy!! I remembered that some time back, I'd 'hoarded' a little piece of wrapping paper with the very fairy from this design, so rummaged to find it in my stash and hey presto, there was my card. She is Cicily Mary Barkers - Candytuft Fairy.

DSC_5756
Isn't she just the sweetest?!

I matted the image on some textured cardstock using a Spellbinders Nestabilities Scalloped Oval and then layered up two papers from the lovely My Mind's Eye paper block - Indie Chic * Saffron. I wanted quite simple papers, to really let the image feature. So I'm pleased with the finish. I also didn't want to crowd the image, so a very simple layout with just some ribbon, lace and a hand punched edge using a Fiskars florentine border punch.


The sentiment was one I stamped a while back, which I recall comes from a Stampavie clear sentiment set by Tina Wenke called 'With Love'. I'm pretty sure I bought it from Whimsy Stamps, but I can't find it now in their catalogue. It's also available at Dies to Die For. I distressed the edges of the papers and sentiment with Memento Ink Rich Cocoa and the image I edged with Stickles Diamond glitter glue. A couple of flat back pearls from MeiFlower to the top corners and I was done. Sweet and simple.

Thanks for popping in today. Stick around, have a chat, feel free to browse the back catalogue and come again soon. Hugs, Wends xxx

Challenges:
Challenges 4 Everybody: #27 ~ Anything Goes
7 Kids College Fund: Anything Goes with a twist of Vintage (Vintage English Fairy and distressed edges)
Whimsy Challenge: #62 ~ Clean & Simple 

Comments

coops said…
stunning cards wends.the flower soft fairy is so beautiful and i love your pretty design :D

xx coops xx
Kelly said…
Beautiful image! I love your coloring. Your card looks great. I am glad you received that plate, how fun for you and Georgie. Thank you for joining us at http://www.7kidscollegefund.com.
Hugs Kelly
Elise said…
Hi Wendy,

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of Greg's uncle .. and it's always so nice to be with family during those difficult times.

I love your card .. it's simply STUNNING with the most perfect of colors!!!

Big Hugs,
Elise
Sue said…
Such a beautiful card Wendy. I love the image and gorgeous colours.
I'm sorry to hear about Greg's Uncle, glad you found some comfort spending time with family
hugs Sue
Unknown said…
So, so beautiful... :)
Have a great day!

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy