Hazel & Nutty

I have had a long time love for Sugar Nellie stamps. Produced by a fabulous company called Funky Kits in Scotland. I had to try and decide for a recent challenge which is actually my favourite Sugar Nellie stamp and oh how I struggled! There are so many utterly gorgeous stamps and to make the decision even harder, tonight the lovely folks from bonny Scotland have pulled it out of the bag again, with another release of utterly adorable stamps for Christmas makes. I've already fallen for two of the four new releases, so watch this space for a card using those! But today, I'm showing you a card I've made up with one of my favourites, which is called Hazel & Nutty. I've coloured them up with my fab Promarker pens and glittered here and there with my lovely jar of Glitter Magic. Love this stuff, it's perfect for sparkly wings!



I just love the sweet moment these two are sharing on the card, two firm friends. So this card has been made for one of my lovely pals daughter's who's just turned seven. She and my daughter Georgie had some really special moments together during a recent visit from the UK to New Zealand and I just thought this image was perfect to convey our love and affection for this wee doll. So here's is her birthday card in all its spinkly sparkly glory!

DSC_5813

I used a lovely digital paper for the background from Bearly Mine Papers which was a freebie from February 2010. I loved the soft hues and the distressed edge. It fitted perfectly my plan for this card. The floral paper is from a paper pack that was given away with one of my favourite crafting magazines Cardmaking & Papercraft. It's called Floral Fantasy by Louise Tiler. The lovely gingham paper which I wrapped the lace and ribbon around is from a My Mind's Eye paper pack from the series Lost and Found, called Blush. I had used the reverse of this which is a gorgeous floral to make up a pretty milk carton for my Georgie, which I'll post soon, so I had some offcuts to use up and when I saw that the reverse of this was a soft muted pink gingham, I knew exactly how I was going to use it!

DSC_5812

I used a giant heart shaped brad just to add a little interest over the ribbon and lace and I used a small strip of cotton ribbon with the sentiment 'You've Captured My Heart' across the bottom right corner. I wanted it to have some 'movement' in it, so fixed the centre with raised foam squares and the edges with small pink brads. I added a small Quickutz photo corner in the same cardstock as I used to matt the image and added a doily which I had inked with Versa Magic - Oasis Green.

DSC_5811

The flowers are primarily from Wild Orchid crafts, a mix of roses, gardenia's and blossoms. It's rather a larger floral explosion than I'd meant to do, but I actually am quite pleased with the effect. Finally, just a glittered foam self-adhesive number seven for the birthday girl and my card is done.

I hope you've liked what you've seen today and look forward to you popping in again. I love reading any comments you might have about the card, so feel free to leave one. I'll enjoy visiting you in return if you do. Big hugs, Wends xxx

Challenge Entries:

The Sugar Bowl: September 2013 ~ Anything Goes
Wild Orchid Challenge: #84 ~ Pink & Cream
Cute Card Thursdays: #284 ~ Things with Wings

Comments

Wishcraft said…
Love this image and your card is beautiful :o) Hugs, Lisa x
coops said…
so stunning wends.reall gorgeous pretty image and colours and your details are beautiful :D

xx coops xx
Else Irene said…
So pretty :) Thanks for joining us in the Wild orchid Challenge this week ♥
Juls said…
gorgeous!! such fabulous glittery wings! Thanks for joining us in the sugar bowl! Hugs Juls

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy