Sugar Nellie Sweetness To The Max!

I've a sweet image and card to share with you today, using one of my favourite Sugar Nellie stamps - Angellica. To be honest, I love so many of them it's hard to pin down a 'favourite', but for this week, it's this lil' cutie. I love her sweet face, her cute bunny friend and the lovely butterflies.

DSC_5740

I've taken the 'sugar' theme to the nth degree. Adding a lil' 'sugar' to several of the embellishments. I think they look suitably sparkly and lush too. So I'm quite pleased with the effect. The gorgeous blooms are all Wild Orchid Crafts. The largest I inked the edges to tone with the colour scheme better. I twisted a few stems which I'd trimmed and added those in for interest here and there. Here's a closer peak at these embellishments.

DSC_5727

DSC_5728

DSC_5730

The lovely 'sugared' on the edge die I used to head the card is from a Sizzex Sizzlets long decorative strip die. The die contains two 'edges' this and one with leaves. I coloured the white paper die with a Promarker to match the designer paper and then sugared it. I did the same with the Marianne Design Swedish Heart and the Memory Box Precious Hearts. I had a cute candy hearts Quickutz die, which I added on top of the larger memory box heart to create the 'I Heart U' sentiment. Then sugared inside that. 

DSC_5729

Annoyingly, I can't recall where I got the pretty paper from. But it was the perfect 'purpley pink' that I wanted to use. I actually had an incredibly difficult time matching papers for this image, as I coloured it with my Promarkers, matted it on the blue Spellbinders Romantic Rectangle and then thought I'd find papers to match. But it's such a distinct blue, it was really hard to find toning and coordinating papers. So of course I did the opposite and went with pink, drawing out the wings from the image. It is a little saccharin I'll admit, but I was in a tight spot! I inked the edges with Memento Desert Sand Ink.

DSC_5733

The lovely tartan ribbon I used has been in my stash 'forever', so I don't recall exactly where I got that from, but I wanted it to have no paper behind it, so the ribbon itself was allowed to feature. I split the paper, and added the ribbon between. I think it came up really well and tied in the blue nicely.

I think that about covers it, if I missed anything I'm sorry. But I think that's wordy enough for anyone to read! I'm back off to bed, having had the last two days pretty much there. Stupid Winter bugs, haarrumph! But I'm on the mend, so can't complain too loudly and I did get some pretty nice care from my lovely hubby and sweet cuddles from my baby boy and little get well notes from my girly. So sweet! So being sick has it's upsides. Thanks for popping in on my lil' blog. Feel free to have a look around, make a cuppa, have a chat...

Challenges:

The Sugar Bowl: August ~ Anything Goes
Wild Orchid Challenge: #83 ~ Anything Goes
I Love Promarkers: #181 ~ Summertime 

Comments

Loopylou. said…
ooooh its just gorgeous hunny, I love that flowery corner.
huge hugs Lou xxx
Elise said…
Oh my, this is so BEAUTIFUL! Love the soft pretty colors and all of those stunning flowers! :) Gorgeous!!!

Big Hugs,
Elise
lalkygirl said…
what a stunner ,love the sweet image and all your glittery embellies...
Thanks for joining us at I♥Promarkers and good luck
tracey x
coops said…
wow so stunning wendy.really love your pretty details and colours and the image is gorgeous :D

xx coops xx
Sanketi said…
Your cards are simply lovely!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave some wonderful comments..appreciate it!
Unknown said…
This is so sweet, love everything about it. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck xx
Juls said…
beautiful!!! Thanks for joining us in the sugar bowl! Hugs Juls
Sue said…
WOW!! This is stunning Wendy. I love the sweet image, fabulous colouring and such gorgeous detailing too.
hugs Sue xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy