Sweet Christmas Wishes

I have a Christmas card to share with you which I made using a fabulous Saturated Canary image. This is from the Little Darlings rubber stamp range and the image is called Candy Canes. I've seen this image coloured up several time in red and I do really love it, but I wanted to go for a soft palette, so I've gone for soft pinks and browns. The candy stripe got lost a little when I added the glossy accents over top for dimension and shine, which is a shame, as it was a nice contrast before this. But I think you still get it's white and pink stripe (right?).

10955597274_9d850f0018_o

I took the above shot in full sun and it has bleached out some of the detail in the image, so have included an 'indoor' shot of the card below for comparison. You can see the gorgeous papers better in the shot below. The lovely pink spot paper is from an old My Mind's Eye 6x6 paper pad called Happy Day. The lovely brown stripe paper is Maja Design, from their 'It's Christmas Time' 6x6 paper pad. I love these papers, so quintessentially Swedish! My absolute fav's! Who better to buy them from than the lovely Swede who runs Live and Love Crafts? If you haven't found this fab store yet, follow the above link. Sandy will take great care of you and all your shabby chic crafting needs! :)


The divine border die you see a hint of at each side of the image is a lovely one from Joy Crafts that I purchased a while back from Cuddly Buddly. Their price was really competitive and bonus - they post to New Zealand! So I was so happy to be able to get this gorgeous die as I've seen it on so many of my fav' crafter's makes recently and I wasn't disappointed! Cut into the gorgeous bronze sheen paper I used to mat the image and papers, I was really pleased with this die. In certain lights, you can really see the sheen on the paper too, it's really sparkly and pretty. The image below shows better the pretty sheen of this lovely bronze paper.

10955573334_ae4c3858f8_o

The pretty pink satin ribbon I used was from the lovely Hobby House treats I won from Hazel France a while back. It really is such a pretty ribbon and has a darker tone on the back which you see a hint of in the ribbon loops above. The gorgeous lace I bought a long while back and I can't recall where from, but it's a really pretty guipure lace and similar ones can be found at Wild Orchid Crafts.

10955607834_c846a94b3d_o

I created my swirls of snow around the image using a lovely Christmas tree stamp from Lili of the Valley. The postmark was from their Grunge Christmas Postmarks set. I added a little stickles here and there for sparkle, but essentially that is pretty much the recipe! All the paper edges were distressed using Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I love working with these ink pads, they really are fab for distressing papers.

11096964414_6cef0d9ea6_o

Thanks for popping in on my lil' blog today. If you happened to pop in before I finished this post (I hit the publish button instead of save! Aaargh!!) I hope you get to see the finished version. I hope your Christmas card making is going faster than mine! Snatching moments here and there, but I can see I'm going to have to fall back on some of the gorgeous Lili of the Valley pre-coloured images for some quick makes. Have an awesome day. See you all again soon. Hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
A Little Bit Crafty: Christmas Cheer
I Love Promarkers: #196 ~ Anything Goes
Crafty Calendar Challenge: All Things Christmas
Sister Act Card Challenge: #35 ~ Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday Challenge: #297 ~ Anything Goes
Totally Gorjuss Challenge: #212 ~ Snows The Way To Go
Southern Girls Challenge Blog: Embrace Your Lumps & Bumps
A Creative Romance: Vintage Style (I tried girls, but this is about as Vintage as I get!)

Comments

Vicky said…
This is gorgeous sweetie, I love this image is pastel colours she really suits them.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx
Pop's Cards said…
Hi sweetie, this is just stunning, hugs Pops x
Lin said…
Lovely! I especially love that beautiful lace! Thanks for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!
Loopylou. said…
gorgeous card Wends, I love that soft hint of distressing ink around the edges,it really brings the layers out.
thank you for playing along with us over on the SC challenge blog
hugs Lou xx
huge hugs Lou xxx
coops said…
love this wendy.really gorgeous image and colour combo and your design is fantastic ;D

xx coops xx
Franz♥ said…
Too lovely and fine, love your delicate colouring!

Thanks for joining us at Saturated Canary Challenge Blog :)
Hugs, Franz.
Maria Therese said…
So pretty!Thank you for joining us at Saturated Canary and hope you will be back for our next challenge ♥
What a different christmascard! It´s gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it at I Love ProMarkes. Hugs from Lisbeth
Unknown said…
Love all the layers, thanks for sharing with us at Southern Girls Challenge
kanatanewf said…
Simply beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the Sister Act Card Challenge this week. Sheena B.
Jo said…
So pretty & gorgeous colours too! Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this time & good luck!
hugs Jo x
Unknown said…
This is really sweet. Love the border around the image. Thanks for playing along at Southern Girls Challenge, and we hope to see you again soon ~DT Amy~

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy