Boys & Their Toys and Some Happy News!

I have a gorgeous card to share with you today using a super cute Elisabeth Bell image. I found this image some time back on Elisabeth Bell's digital stamps site and utterly loved it. It's called 'Toot Toot'. Elisabeth has a way of capturing the innocence and beauty of childhood that I find so enchanting.

My dearest childhood friend and I have kiddos only a few weeks apart in age, so they'll both be turning 4 this year. My how the time just flies!!! I made this card up for my Godson's upcoming birthday.

9130951901_085f8ddfc6_h

At present the Elphine House girls are having a 'lots of layers' challenge. This certainly won't be the frilly lacy multiple mats card I might have otherwise made and you can see plenty of in the DT cards, but I thought with my multi-layered stars and layered up image on the shaped red mat, I might just get away with entering this challenge. Hopefully they'll like what they see.

DSC_5170

This image was so gorgeous to colour, the check scarf, denim pants and hat and the train coloured up just as one my little girl Georgie had at that age. I kept the colouring very clean and simple, no shadows or background. I wanted a simple finish and to allow the papers and other embellishments to feature too. The image and mat was edged in distress ink. But otherwise a very honest and simple creation, allowing that sweet image to take the stage. A wide black grosgrain ribbon behind the red mat which was shaped using an older Sizzix die sets the stage. The paper is from a fabulous 'boys' set from Bobunny's Blast Off collection. Finishing with a corner die from Whimsy and the smaller one from my Quickutz die set. Finally the sweet sentiment is a Lili of the Valley, which I thought was perfect for this cute image.

9133157376_b530361353_h

Well done if you've made it to the bottom of this post! I've been excitedly holding onto some news... I have been invited to join the Fab 'n' Funky Design Team and I'm super excited to be joining such a wonderful team. I'm hugely looking forward to starting, so watch this space, as the challenges run every week, so there'll be plenty of fun to be had! Come and join in the challenges with us at Fab 'n' Funky.

I hope you like what you've seen today. Feel free to stay awhile and browse. I'll be back again soon with another crafty make. Hope your 2014 is shaping up to be fabulous. Thanks for popping into my little corner of the virtual world. Hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
Crafty Calendar Challenge: Let's Celebrate
Card Mania Challenges: #38 ~ Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody: #37 ~ Anything Goes
Elphine House Challenge: #54 ~ Lots of Layers
Sister Act Card Challenge: #40 ~ Anything Goes
A Little Bit Crafty: Celebrate (Birthday Boys Card)
Dream Valley Challenges: #73 ~ Boys/Men (Design Team Call)
Divas By Design: Use Ribbons (Black grosgrain ribbon behind sentiment and image)

Comments

Lynda Nielsen said…
awww what an adorable creation Wendy. And I'm sure any 4 year old boy would LOVE this sweet card. Yes I agree, there's just something about the real life things that Elisabeth Bell captures in her artwork. Thanks so much for joining us at Elphine House Australia this month.
Hugs,
Lynda
Miss Emerald said…
Very beautiful card, gorgeous colours and design. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.
coops said…
so stunning wendy.i love the sweet image and your bold primary colours and details are fabulous.
huge congrats on your DT too hun :D

xx coops xx
How adorable is that wee laddie, gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week. Jac x
Donna Mosley said…
Gorgeous card Wendy, love the beautiful image and design. Huge congrats on the DT hun.

Donna x
Anonymous said…
Very sweet, I'm sure it will be treasured, Thanks so much for joining in at Elphine House with us
Hugs Julie P
Janine said…
Lovely card Wendy, great design papers and super ribbon detail. Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design.
Hugs, Janine xx
Carla S. said…
This is adorable, Wendy! Love the bright colors and great layers! Cute details with the adorable image! Thanks for joining us for the Elphine House Australia challenge this month!
Wow fab card, lovely image i see what you mean, fab boys card, thanks for your lovely comment too on my blog, hugs Liz xx
Pop's Cards said…
Good morning sweetie, this is gorgeous, a gorgeous creation huggles Pops x x x
kenli said…
Great job! This is just a very beautiful card. Thanks so much for sharing this at Card Mania Challendges. We hope to see you back very soon!
Crea Astrid said…
What a wonderful card. Find the stamp so cute.

The sentiment is on the tag (L'art de vivre La calendrier des dessins de broderies anciennes francaises) you see a small piece of r and es are on the tag, but I forgot to photograph and the card is already sent. So that unfortuately can not. But behind the mannequins is also a text. Hope this is enough.

Hugs, Astrid.
Lau W said…
Love the colors of this card, so perfect for a boy !
xx
Mary Lou said…
Aww Wendy this is Super Cute!!! Love it!! I used this same image for our Grandson Grant's birthday which is tomorrow:) He is 1!!
Hugs
lynne said…
This is such a gorgeous card!! I agree that Elisabeth does capture all those lovely childhood memories in her images..i think thats why they are loved by so many. Your card is perfect for our challenge at Elphine House.. its great to see a card that is not all frilly mats...and i love how you layered up the stars also!
Thanks for sharing with us at Elphine House Australia!
Hugs
Lynne xx
Crea-Sandra said…
Gorgeous card, love the colors and the stars!
Looking forward working with you on Fab 'n' Funky!
♥ Sandra ♥
Claudia said…
Great card. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge and good luck!

Hugs

Claudia
So cute! Thank you for joining us at ALBC, hope youll join our new challenge too! Elaine DT -xxx-

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy