Sweet Stampin' - I Can Sing A Rainbow

It's time for a new challenge over on the Sweet Stampin' blog and this week, we have a gorgeous challenge theme - 'I Can Sing A Rainbow'. So all the Design Team have been having a fun time making fabulous joyful 'Rainbow' inspired creations. Our wonderful sponsor this week is one of my favourite stores for paper flowers. They have a gorgeous selection of mulberry paper flowers and other embellishments, so our lucky winner is going to be spoilt for choice!

PicMonkey Collage TreatBox

I've had a hugely busy week, so I left my make a little late to get started, but I was glad I did in the end, as I had a gorgeous late birthday lunch with a dear friend on Friday and she gave me the most divine tea cup as a present, wrapped in this stunning rainbow paper. So of course you know where my brain went! I just HAD to recycle this beautiful wrapping paper and use it to put together my DT creation. The paper is divine and I tried so many different ways to incorporate it into the theme. I tried make a card, using it as background paper, but the best bits got covered by the images I was trying to pair with it. It just wasn't working at all! So I took a break, and came back with a new idea - a decorated treat box. The paper lent itself really well to this idea and I chose not to use an image so that the pretty paper remained uncovered. 

This pic shows the full wrapping paper before I cut it up.

Sweet Stampin' is of course a 'stamping' challenge however, so I needed to bring in this aspect of creativity, so I used some really lovely Lili of the Valley mini tag stamps from a set called 'Le Jardin' and stamped them onto areas of the pretty rainbow paper that were less busy, which worked really well. I didn't embellish the sides with paper as it would restrict the movement of the handle, rather hanging the tags from the sides to create the splashes of colour I wanted there.

17073381579_fcf4857d81_o

I cut a circle from a section of the paper which had lots of splashes of rainbow colour and stuck it to another circle of orange card to be the base for the silver rosette that I used on top of the box and then added the Magnolia sentiment that I'd stamped on the rainbow paper and backed with white card, which also has the same sentiment stamped on it.

16640336083_ea71b2de72_o

I cut the front and back paper panels from areas of the paper that had equally dense splashes of vibrant rainbow colours to be the feature panels on the front and back of the box. You get a sense of the complete creation with this next pic.

PicMonkey Collage TreatBox

I used the silver cord that my gorgeous present from my lovely friend had been wrapped with, to tie the box up. I ran the cord through two points on the silver rosette and the backing circles and added the sentiment tag. A simple bow on the side tied up the gift box nicely. Here's a pic of my utterly gorgeous teacup that my sweet friend gave me for my birthday. It's stunning, don't you think?


I hope you'll pop over to the Sweet Stampin' Challenge blog and see what my madly talented teamies have been up to also. There's no shortage of stunning rainbow makes there to inspire you and the promise of a very gorgeous prize from our lovely sponsor if you're our winner!

Wild Orchid Crafts

We'd love you to join in the fun with your own rainbow inspired creation, so do come and join us. I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure. Until then, I wish you 'Rainbows & Sunshine'. Hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
Party Time Tuesdays: #197 ~ Anything Goes
Brown Sugar Challenge: #143 ~ Anything Goes
Penny's Papercrafty Challenge: #224 ~ Use Spooled Items
Cute Card Thursday: #370 ~ Clean & Simple (Very quick, CAS gift box make)
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Clean & Simple (This looks 'busy' because of the paper, but actually, it was a very CAS gift box creation.)

Comments

Tracey T said…
Soooo clever and creative! Love the teacup, too - what a lovely present. xx
Pami said…
This is so fabulous!! and I love the tags! What a gorgeous teacup as well! Hope your weekend is going well! Pami x
Beautiful project and just perfect for the theme! Ooh, now that is a gorgeous teacup and saucer - that friend is definite 'keeper'! Hugs, Jayne xx
Chris said…
Wow! Such stunning paper...and amazing recycling...your treat box is gorgeous! Your teacup is gorgeous, a wonderful gift!
Chris
x
mixamatoasties said…
Fabulous creation! Love it.

xxx
Paddington fan said…
Such a gorgeous gift box, who wouldn't love to receive that! A very stylish cup and saucer too! Have a great week, love Jacky x
Blossom Cards said…
lovely projects thanks for sharing with brown sugar Rachel dt
Melissa Bove said…
Beautiful creation!! Very pretty!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa
Very clever use of the fabulous wrap paper, Wendy, and the cup is so beautiful, it's a precious gift, enjoy :)

Love and hugs
Maarit
Melanie said…
A great project!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Use spooled items” challenge over at Penny’s. Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
(DT Come and Get It)


PS: Sorry for the late comment. I’ve had a really busy week at work…

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy