Fab 'n' Funky - Stitchy Bear

Hey there all my lovely blog buddies. I hope you've been having good weeks. It's freezing here right now. I'm so missing my UK central heating! They just don't insulate or heat our older Kiwi homes like they do in the UK and I'm finding it particularly cold right now. So I hope all my UK pals are enjoying the Summer!


It's time for another challenge over at Fab 'n' Funky and the lovely Chris is our hostess for this challenge. She has chosen the theme 'No Patterned Papers'. I have to say, I'm hanging my head in shame slightly right now, because I had great intentions of creating a gorgeous inky background for my card, but back against the wall and time not on my side with the kiddies starting back at school yesterday I opted to use a Bearly Mine Halloween digital paper behind my image which imitated the look I had intended to create with my Distress Inks. So a big stingy slap on the hand for me and my apologies Chris for deviating from the brief! 


Our sponsor for this challenge is the fabby Stitchy Bear Digi Outlet and they provided all the DT with some great stamps to play with for this challenge. I saw this fun Silhouette Halloween Broom stamp and just had to have a play. Especially since I am dying to use the poem I wrote last Halloween again! I think it's kinda fun and I was so pleased with the last Halloween Creation I made using this poem, so I thought a reprise was in order, hehe. Here's the fabby broom silhouette.


I burnt all the edges of the paper to create a really grungy weathered look to the page. I got a little bit carried away or the flame did actually! As I burnt a little too close around the poem edge and lost my 'A' at the beginning of the second line. But I think you still get the gist right? I wish in retrospect I'd but the poem on the bottom left corner and the CC Designs diecut House on the Hill on the top left. I had meant to put the diecut up top, but didn't leave enough room so ended up choosing the layout you see, but if I was to do it again, I'd make that slight alteration. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with this card. A CAS Halloween card! Just a few scattered CC Designs diecut Bats finished off the design nicely.


I used a fab Fleur de Lis diecut border from Spellbinders which made me think of a Gothic looking wrought iron fence. So I thought this would look pretty cool down one of the card sides. I tried both sides and the right worked best. This could only have worked better if I'd chosen a normal side opening card rather than top opening. Another 'note to self' for future creations. I do love these tent fold card designs though. A bit different from the traditional side opening cards and I think rather styley. I've popped the image panel up on deep 5mm foam pads to create depth and dimension on the card.


Well that's my crafty adventure for today. I'm sorry again Chris for going 'off brief' with this one! Do pop on over to the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge blog to check out what my other DT sista's have been up to, I'm sure they will have behaved better! We'd love to see what you would do, so come on over and join in the fun. Our challenge is running for three weeks this time, as it's Summer break in the UK. I'll be back again soon though with another crafty adventure. Hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
Love To Scrap: #58 ~ Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly: Build It Up (The image panel is 'popped up' on deep foam pads for dimension)

Comments

Dawn T said…
great card Wendy. I'm sure if you had time your background would have been perfect!
Pop's Cards said…
Wow honey this is amazing, love the black really draws you in hugs Pops x
Chris said…
You're forgiven Wends! I know how manic your life has been lately and I'm amazed you find time to craft at all! Your card is fantastic, great poem, goes so well with the image, the burnt edges are really effective, the whole card has a delightfully spooky feel to it!
Hope it gets warmer for you!
Chris
x
Wendy said…
Absolutely fabulous Wends, great poem too!
Hugs
Wendy xx
Alison said…
This is just great, Wends. The card design, colours and border give such a fantastic spooky effect and I love your poem.
Alison xx
Dr Sonia S V said…
What a beautiful and enchanting creation...Especially love the black - orange combination
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects
coldwaters2 said…
Wow what a brilliant card Wendy love the Halloween theme also the sentiment and the die cuts a terrific creation.
hugs
lorraine x
Pat K said…
Awesome card Wends...love the sentiment. hugs, Pat K x
Brilliant card Wends....Great verse...and the background sets the dies cut off beautifully....Joolsx
Gorgeous art work, Wends, I'm stunned by the burnt edges, so cool. Happy Friday!

Love and hugs
Maarit
mixamatoasties said…
That's fabulous Wendy! Love the black and orange. And I also always have great intentions.... and they almost never come to pass!!!

Susan xx
ike said…
Wonderful and what a super border :-D
Thank you for making such a great project using our Digis.
It is a pleasure to sponsor you and I hope you have enjoyed working with our images.

Best wishes,

IKE x

DT for StitchyBear Digi Outlet
Lillian A said…
A good, spooky image for the upcoming Halloween season - funny, I was just thinking of taking a break away from the usual and coloring up some Halloween images. Thank you for your anything goes challenge entry at Love To Scrap.

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy