Loves Rubberstamps - On Holiday

Hi my lovely blog buddies. Popping in with a bit of news tonight. Our lovely Laura at Loves Rubberstamps is needing to step back and regroup for a little while after some pretty stressful family pressures. So she has decided to put the challenge blog in hiatus for a little while, so she can catch her breath. She is also closing the Loves Rubberstamps business to any new orders for the time being, while she catches up with emails and posting out existing orders. So if you are awaiting an email response from her, just give her a little longer to get through the backlog. Thanks so much for your patience! Normal business will resume in due time, so watch this space. In the meantime we won't be doing any more Loves Rubberstamps Sunday Blog Hops


So in lieu of my usual Sunday Blog Hop post, I thought I'd come back to my beloved 'Sugar Nellie Stamps' which I've been missing lately and post a little sugar for ya'll to enjoy today. I've been playing with this gorgeous image and trying out some softer tones. I utterly love the way this turned out, very soft and subtle. Coloured with my Promarkers of course. This image is called 'Knitted With Love' from the Funky Kits Sugar Nellie range. This is such a gorgeous stamp for Christmas makes. I just love the sweet expression on this lovely fairies face. Marina Fedotova does fairies so well!


I found the perfect paper to work with too, which really set the image up beautifully. It's a gorgeous First Edition paper which I'm pretty sure is from the Isabelle set. It is beautifully embossed and had all the right shades in it for the image I'd already coloured. I always have my heart in my mouth, when I've coloured an image and not matched the papers first! Happily this worked out really well.


I forgot to add the glitter to the image before I took the shot above, so there's no sparkle in this shot. When I was looking at the pics after, I realised my mistake, so managed a close up shot with the glitter, but the light had gone to do a full shot. 


I used a lovely dusky pink satin ribbon which was in my stash and a narrow fawn coloured one on top and finished with one of Jak Heath's double bows. I tucked the sentiment under the ribbon and rounded the edges to create a more 'finished' look. I'm pretty sure the sentiment is an old Lili of the Valley sentiment. I used a paper doily behind the image and inked the edges of the image with Prima Chalk Ink in Dry Sand. I added a little wooden snowflake which I covered with glitter to finish the card. You can find these wee snowflakes at SpeigelMom Scraps.

Keep an eye out for when the Loves Rubberstamps Design Team are back in full swing. I'll certainly let you know. In the meantime, I hope you enjoyed my Sugar Nellie make today and I'll catch you again very soon with another crafty adventure. Big hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
Papertake Weekly: Don't Be A Square
Creative Inspirations: #322 ~ Let's Colour
Live & Love Crafts: #37 ~ Christmas In July
Crafty Calendar Challenge: Christmas In July
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Anything Goes
Deep Ocean Challenge: #108 ~ Christmas In July
The Sugar Bowl: #126 ~ Anything 'Sugar Nellie' Goes
Sparkles Christmas Challenge: #54 ~ Use Ribbon, Lace or Twine
Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Challenges: #85 ~ Christmas In July
As You Like It: Favourite Single Colour (As my boy would say, I love them all, but pressed to make a choice, it has to be pink. In all it's different shades, but most especially dusky pale pink. I love it!)

Comments

Dawn T said…
so pretty Wendy. I really like the way it's all come together.
Love this image, one of my faves, pretty colours and love the bow
debby4000 said…
What a gorgeous cute card
luv
Debby
Anna-Karin said…
Beautiful card!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!
Sarah said…
So pretty Wendy and that pretty pink is gorgeous. Thanks for playing at AYLI too xx
NGCARDS said…
This is such a cutie of a card! Thanks for playing in this week's challenge over at Creative Inspirations! xxx
Chris said…
So very sweet Wends! Love that adorable image and your beautiful soft colour combo.Your design is lovely!
Chris
x
Wendy said…
Gorgeous card Wends, adorable image, love your pretty soft colours.
Hugs
Wendy xx
CraftyNatalie said…
Sweet, christmas card. Thanks for joining in at Creative Inspirations.
CraftyNatalie {DT}
Pop's Cards said…
Gorgeous sweetie, I do love that image too so sweetie, teamed with fab papers and details gorgeous :0)
coops said…
so gorgeous wendy.really sweet image and i love your soft colours and beautiful bow ;D

xx coops xx
Elise said…
Hi Wendy! OOoOh .. this is simply GORGEOUS! Love the soft pretty colors .. makes my heart melt!

Sending you big big hugs,
Elise
Unknown said…
Hi Wendy,
Adorable image and card; love the soft pink! Gorgeous paper and ribbon as well. Thanks for playing with LLC again this month.

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

Cazro said…
A stunning card, I am loving the image and the pink. A beautiful bow. So pleased you shared with us at Sparkles Christmas Caz
Beverley said…
Gorgeous card. I love the pink. Thanks for joining in our "Christmas in July" challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
Hugs
Bev x
Lori Turner said…
Gorgeous card, Wendy! Love this shade of pink....thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It!
Annette said…
Beautiful soft colours and that bow is gorgoeus.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
The Sugar Bowl Challenge,
Lili of the Valley,
Without Words Challenge
As You Like It Challenge.
Cass said…
So pretty Wendy. Thanks for joining us at The Sugar Bowl.
Cass xx
Pat said…
Hi Wends, Gorgeous Christmas card with a really cute image, love all the pretty pink. Super make. Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Christmas Monthly Challenge.

Pat xx
Jo said…
Beautiful, such a pretty image. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this month & good luck!
hugs Jo x
Dt

I have a birthday candy on my blog if you'd like to join in.....
You can find my candy here
You can find my atc swap here

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy