Sweet Stampin' - Bottoms Up!

Hey there my lovely blog buddies. I feel like I've spent all Winter moaning about the kids getting bugs, and here I go again! I've had another week with Zac off school. I myself spent last Saturday in bed with a high fever. Zac just couldn't kick this bug. So despite trying to send him into school Wednesday thinking he was past the worst, they sent him home again midday. He finally had a full day back on Friday. Poor little dude, it's tough starting school and getting hammered by all the new bugs! Fingers crossed he'll last the whole week coming. 


The Sweet Stampin' crew are offering a surprise 'Goody Bag' for this weeks challenge. Lucky winner! After the week I've had, I really feel like I could go a glass of something sparkly! Which leads me very nicely to this weeks challenge at Sweet Stampin'. Our theme is 'Bottoms Up'! Which you can interpret however you like, but I've gone for the obvious bottle of bubbly. 


This sweet gal is already half cut as evidenced by the wobbly gait and bleeding lipstick! Hehe. But she's up for a party. So this card will be winging it's way soon to a pal who's about to have a birthday. Don't you love her gold shoes?! I wish they showed better in the pics, they're a lovely metallic gold, thanks to my Gold Metallic Marker from Letraset. I used the same marker around the champagne bottle label. I totally messed up her lipstick, but decided to keep going as mine always bleeds when I've had a drink or two, so I think it kinda works, whatcha reckon?


I used a cool digital paper from The Sweet Shoppe by artist Kristin Cronin-Barrow. It's actually a pocket scrapbooking card from her 2014 Happy New Year collection, but thanks to the flexibility of digital papers, I was able to blow it up bigger and use it in a slightly different way. I added the DigiStamp Boutique image Party Zara in PNG form onto the paper and printed the page out, colouring the image with my Promarkers after printing. I love the sentiment on this digital paper and thought it would work well for a number of events. 


I mounted the image panel on foam strips and added a panel of gold glitter paper to the left hand side, to add that little bit of extra sparkle. It's not captured well in these pics, but the main image panel sits slightly higher than the glitter card. My teamies have been hard at work on their 'Bottoms Up' creations, so go check them out on the challenge blog and do come join us with your own interpretation of the challenge. We'd love to see what you do! Hugs, Wends x


Challenge Entries:
Cute Card Thursdays: #386 ~ Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create: #137 ~ Anything Goes - No Twist
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Food and/or Drink
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges: #240 ~ Anything Goes
Creative Moments Challenge: #74 ~ Anything Goes/Summer Sun
City Crafter Challenge: #274 ~ Mood Board - Gold, Browns & Blue Inspired
Card Mania Challenge: #71 ~ Anniversary (This card I'm giving as a birthday card, but could easily have been an Anniversary, Engagement card. Happy Birthday ladies!)
Crafty Catz Challenge: #288 ~ New Beginnings (What is a birthday if it isn't the beginning of your next exciting year of life?!)

Comments

Dawn T said…
LOVE this Wendy. I've got a couple of girlfriends this would be perfect!
Sammy said…
I think the lipstick is perfect! It reminds me of the tipsy women you see in pub bathrooms trying to put on more make-up... with varying results, lol.
It's a really fab card though hun. And the champagne matches the shoes - what could be more perfect! ;-) x
Tracey T said…
Admiring your computer skills here, Wends - I've lost count of the number of times I've tried adding images to backgrounds and eventually given up! Hope all is well at home now. Hugs xx
Chris said…
A fabulous bubbly girly card Wends! Perfect for the theme! Hope you (and poor Zac) have a better week!
Chris
x
Well done, sweetie, it's a fabulous card!

Love and hugs
Maarit
Heather said…
A fabulous fun card Wendy, a super background papers and an adorable image - yes - she does look a little half cut - naturally having a good out - don't we all??

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

Sarah said…
This is a brilliant fun card Wendy, she looks fabulous in her gold shoes too!! xx
coldwaters2 said…
Absolutely gorgeous card Wendy love the image and that amazing background, superb make.
hugs
lorraine x
Janette said…
Really fab and fun card...
Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x
Karen Oliver said…
hahaha how fun I love the background paper its perfect for the image and that little tipsy chick is very cute and I bet it your friend notices the lipstick she will so think of you.
Kat W said…
A fabulous and glamorous design; I love all the sparkle...especially those gold shoes!
I don't think anyone would notice the anything wrong with the lipstick TBH and your colouring is lovely :-)

Big hugs, Kat xx
Unknown said…
I think your card is fabulous Wendy, love the image and the background design is perfect. Thanks for joining our challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty and we hope you will join us again. Jennifer DT member x
Stella said…
Such a sweet and pretty take on the colors of the moodboard. Thank you so much for being with us at CCCB this week!
crafty-stamper said…
Fabulous card and love the tipsy image and the bleeding lipstick was definitely a happy accident lol--Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
Carol DT x
Helen said…
That is gorgeous - love the background you've used!

Thanks for joining us at Penny's and Cute Card Thursday.

Helen x
Pia S said…
That paper sure looks great, like bokeh effect, a super background for a party themed card, birthday, new year and the likes... Nice!! Great image too!
Cards by Beckie said…
A lovely fun card. Rebecca x
Melanie said…
A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes” challenge over at Penny’s & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
(DT Come and Get It)
(DT Crafty Friends)
(DT Tuesday Throwdown)
Michelle said…
Hi Wendy - this is gorgeous - such a fun image and I love her lipstick - I have started following your fantastic blog and would be over the moon if you followed mine - Michelle x
Pop's Cards said…
I love this sweetie she looks fabulous, we need more grown up images don;t we, Sally-Ann always does such a good job at drawing them and your colouring is gorgeous hugs Pops x
Delphine said…
Fantastic card Wendy! Very cute image and the background paper is just perfect with her! Thank you very much for leaving me a comment about my win at the Southern Girls Challenge, that's very kind of you!!! Have a great day and thanks again! Hugs Delphine xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy