Wedding Belle

A rare post from me today, which isn't a DT creation. I had a commission from my little brother, who, very sweetly, is one of the greatest fans of my cards. He had a friend who was getting married and wanted something a little more special than you can get 'off the shelf'. So he asked if I would create a card for the couple. The brief, was that they are musicians, she's a brunette and he has sandy blonde hair. Beyond that, I had carte blanche. So I set about finding inspiration. I had made a couple of cards lately that had pink and grey as the colour theme and for some reason I found myself drawn again to using these colours.


I used a wonderful stamp called Uptown Couple ~ Brett & Brenda Get Married by Stamping Bella. Little did I know at the time how perfect this stamp actually would be with her leg in the air showing off her wedding shoe! But the Bride had quite the most exquisite pair of shoes as the feature of her wedding ensemble, so I thought the image was doubly fitting after seeing these pics.


Here's a wee sneaky look at the happy brides gorgeous shoes. They're quite something special. I just love the colours and they looked utterly stunning on her feet, very retro chic.


I used a lovely pale pink cardstock to create the card base and also cut the heart accents from this. The pretty doily heart was a gift from my baby sister for Christmas. It's a Quickutz Heart Doily. I just knew I had to work it in somewhere on this card. So pretty. The other little heart die is my favourite Whimsy Country Heart die. I do so love to use this on romantic themed cards. I added two sweet little horseshoes which I cut with a Magnolia Doohickey from the most recent Doohickey Magazine release. The lovely leafy swirl is a Magnolia Doohickey too. The pretty rolled roses are Kort & Godt which I've added three pretty pale pink pearls to the centre of. I've been waiting for the right card to use these gorgeous blooms on and this was it. They're some of my 'stroke only' stash from Live & Love crafts.


I wove in the 'musical' thread through the backing paper, which was a lovely silver foiled music sheet. I cut all the layers in my favourite pretty Go Create shape. I repeated the same layers on the inside too, though I hand cut them a little wider for the inside. I used a stitched circle and added a lovely Magnolia Sentiment inside the card which I inked in London Fog Memento ink to keep the silvery theme. The notes look black in the photos, but they're actually silver foil, the light just didn't catch the sheen in these shots.

Thanks for popping in on me today my lovely blogging pals. I've had fun with this creation and was so pleased when the stamp I had ordered several weeks back unexpectedly arrived while I was laying out the papers. A happy coincidence me thinks! I'll be back again soon with another DT adventure, but in the meantime have an awesome week. Hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
ABC Challenge: B is for 'Bride'
Whimsy Stamps: #91 ~ Anything Goes
Live & Love Crafts: #44 ~ Love Is In The Air
The Ribbon Girl: February ~ Use Any Image
Dream Valley: #125 ~ Sparkle, Bling & Embellish
Crafty Calendar Challenge: February ~ Love Is In The Air
613 Avenue Create: Colour Challenge ~ A White & Grey, B Pink, C Green
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Inspired By A Song ~ All Of Me by John Legend
As You Like It: Favourite Fold or Shape: I love this Go Create Shape. It's the first I bought and still my favourite one to use. I fell in love with it when I saw Bev Rochester using it on a sweet Wee Stamps card she created and I later bought to give my daughter. I just loved it. I bought the die as soon as I figured out who sold it!
Creative Inspirations Challenge: #345 ~ A Sketch. I've added an extra layer to the base and the ribbon acts as my strip across the middle. Otherwise, I think I followed it pretty closely. :)


Update: I was named in the Top 3 for the As You Like It Challenge. I'm so thrilled and honoured. Thank you so much! :)


Comments

Such a beautiful card, I love this image. I also love her shoes, they are fab
Unknown said…
A beautiful card, we really appreciated it and reading your enthusiastic post makes it even more special.
From the bride with the shoes!
Aww Eleanor, so sweet to have a comment left by the lovely bride herself! I'm so glad you liked your card. I loved making it for you and those shoes really are something special! xxx
NickScrapShack said…
Hi Wendy,

Sorry I haven´t popped by for a long time. I love your wedding card. The pink and grey looked fantastic together. Shape and image were so sweet too. And those shoes....I´m in love!!!!
Hugs Nick
Chris said…
Your card is beautiful Wends, a lovely image and fantastic design, created with such love and care! How nice that your brother asked you to make it too!
As for the shoes...absolutely gorgeous!
Chris
x
Elaine Stark said…
A beautiful card which fills the bill perfectly. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine
Liz McGuire, said…
Oh my, such a gorgeous card. And wow! Those shoes!

Liz x
AndreaNorris said…
Wow gorgeous wedding card, love all the details - hope they all loved it. thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge and good luck
Andrea x
Pat said…
Absolutely stunning card Wends, the image is gorgeous as is your card design, I am sure your brother was pleased with your beutiful make and that the happy couple were delighted with it.

Pat xx
Debs said…
This is so beautiful Wendy - gorgeous image and stunning detailing - bet the happy couple will treasure it.
Debs xx
creationsnz said…
Oh WOW, fabulouso altogether! such amazing work, well done you.
Fikreta said…
wonderful card and so pretty shoes!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<
Fiki ❤
coldwaters2 said…
Beautiful, romantic card Wends such a lovely image and stunning card design I love it
hugs
lorraine x
What a fabulous card for such a special occasion. Love the image, and all the pretty accents
Blessings
Maxine
Sandra said…
Stunning card, love the beautiful colored card. and those shoes are fabulous. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra
Anonymous said…
Awesome shape love the colours and the image too! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
hugs Samantha :0)
Planetsusie said…
Such a gorgeous card and I love the design layout! Brilliant image and the pink and grey are so perfect for your creation. Being superstitious though, I would have to put the horseshoes the other way up (so that the luck doesn't fall out!) lol. Thank you so much for entering the Crafty Calendar (Love is in the Air) Challenge this month, lots of luck to you. Hugs Sue Pxxx DT.

PS Those shoes are fabulous - wish I had a pair!
Sue said…
Wendy, this is a gorgeous card (and one of my absolutely favourite images). I love your colouring and your pretty card design. Thank you for joining us this time at Creative Inspirations.
Sue...xxx
Lisbeth said…
Hi
Lovely card
thanks for joining us at ABC challenge
hugs Lisbeth
DT-ABC challenge
Unknown said…
Hi there;
WOW; now that's some really unique shoes. How cool! This image is great, a really fun wedding image and your card is beautiful. Thanks for joining LLC for our "Love is in the air" challenge and sorry for the late visit.

Have a Happy Easter and hope you get happy mail soon. :-)
Thanks again

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy