Fab 'n' Funky ~ Flower Power

Hey there my lovely blog buddies, we're kicking off a new challenge over at Fab 'n' Funky and our lovely Wendy is the hostess this week. She's chosen the theme 'Flowers', and I couldn't have been happier with that! It was perfectly timed for a family birthday.


One of my lovely cousins has just celebrated her 60th birthday. She had a 'Swinging 60s' Birthday Party to celebrate, so when I saw this gorgeous image from our fabulous sponsor Lemon Shortbread, I knew this gorgeous '60s Rock 'n' Roll Girl' was the one to use for her birthday card. I had an idea in my head and I have to say I utterly LOVE how this came out! I went through about 12 different papers, trying to find quite the right one to use to really bring that 'Flower Power' feeling into the card. I'm so happy with the final look. The paper is from Jenny Ellory's 'Fifties Kitchen' set which came with Issue 130 of Papercraft Inspirations. I love being able to print these gorgeous papers out when needed. You can find these and lots of other gorgeous papers on their website.


I used a sweet sentiment from a Hero Arts set which I bought at Funky Kits. It's called 'Anytime Messages' and has lots of fab assorted sentiments. There wasn't a lot of room for a sentiment on this card, as the image fills most of the white space, but I snuck in a little one which was absolutely perfect for my darling cousin. I added Wink of Stella to the centre of most of the flowers and to her earrings, which you don't see so well in the main picture, but the close up below, shows the shine really well. 


I kept a little more of the patterned paper after printing the image on it, so it looked like a dress rather than shirt, as the image stops at the waist. So I added a flower 'pocket' to hide her missing hand. I was a 70's baby, but remember having cute 60's style dresses with flower pockets when I was little. So I thought a cleverly placed felt flower might be the perfect fix for an undrawn hand. I hope it looks like her hand is in a flower shaped pocket, that's totally what I was trying to achieve.


Do come and join us for our 'Flowers' challenge this week, we'd love to see what you come up with for that theme and do check out my fabulous teamies gorgeous creations on the challenge blog. You're sure to be inspired. Have an awesome week and I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure. Hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
Mod Squad: Springtime
Creative Inspirations Challenge: #247 ~ Nature
Crafty Creations Challenge: #311 ~ Spring Fever
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends: #30 ~ Anything Goes
Passion For Promarkers: #338 ~ Spring Has Sprung
Lemon Shortbread Challenge: #11 ~ Anything Goes
Creative Ladybirds Challenge: #13 ~ Anything Goes
Moving Along With The Times: #16 ~ In The Garden
Dream Valley Challenges: #127 ~ All About Birthdays
Whimsy Stamps Challenge: #92 ~ Spring Colours or Easter

Comments

Dawn T said…
what an awesome card Wendy. Love the 60 look you achieved with that funky flower paper. Very cleverly done.
Vey retro, love the colours, great card
Chris said…
What a fabulous image Wends, so perfect for the occasion! Love her paper pieced flowery dress, so very 60s! Fabulous CAS design and beautiful colouring!
Chris
x
Pat K said…
Awww..brilliant make Wends. You've really captured the retro look and I love it. Thank you so much for covering for me while I was away hun...you're the best. hugs, Pat K x
Catie Cuddles said…
Wow that is fabulous. Perfect paper for the occasion so well worth the effort.
Hugs
Catherine x
Catie Cuddles said…
Wow that is fabulous. Perfect paper for the occasion so well worth the effort.
Hugs
Catherine x
Unknown said…
Brilliant 50s style card. I love that image and what you have done with it is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing with us in our challenge at Dream Valley and good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x
Wendy L said…
A fab card, thanks for joining us at MAWTT this time,
Dr Sonia S V said…
WOW the felt flower looks stunning on the image
Ps : I am having a celebration on my blog with prizes...would love to have you join in.Here is the link : 5 Million Page-views Celebration
Buffy said…
Fab flower power card Wends. Totally groovy
Hugs
Buffy x
Sarah said…
Far out man!! This is absolutely brilliant and I bet your cousin loved it!! xx
Perfect card to give the feeling of the 60's - I hate to admit it, but I was there! Fabulous project Wendy.
Blessings
Maxine
Elise said…
oh my gosh Wendy! This is GORGEOUS!!! I so love the colors of this and her dress is so perfect!!! Makes me want to say, "Groooovy Baby!" hehe! Did you ever watch those Austin Powers movies? :) I'm saying it exactly like he did. hehe!!

Wishing you and your family a most beautiful Easter!

Big hugs,
Elise
creationsnz said…
lovely zany and VERY 60's
Alison said…
You've definitely captured the Flower Power feeling with this card, Wends. It really takes me back to my teenage days - I love it!!
Alison x
Donna said…
Stunning card Wendy and perfect for our spring theme over at Passion for Promarkers, love the papers they're so pretty! Thank you for joining in the fun with us this week and good luck! :) Donna ♥ x
Wendy said…
Absolutely fabulous Wends, so gorgeous, love it!
Happy Easter.
Hugs
Wendy xx
Sue said…
Hi Wendy, This is a beautiful card, such a pretty design with lovely colours and amazing paper piecing. Thank you for joining us this time at Creative Inspirations.
Sue...xxx
Anna-Karin said…
Beautiful card. Love the retro style. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge. Anna-Karin DT
The Crafty Den said…
Gorgeous card Wendy. I love the image and your pretty paper. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week for Donna's 'spring has sprung' challenge. Hugs, Denise x
coldwaters2 said…
WOW this is another stunning creation Wends, that image is so beautiful, the papers are perfect for a 60's rock chic she reminds me of Bridget Bardot, this is pure perfection.
hugs
lorraine x
mixamatoasties said…
Love this Wends!! Fabulous colours and she looks brilliant with her flower paper pieced dress.

Susan xx
Tina Z. said…
o wow, incredible creation.

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy