Sweet Stampin' ~ Boys to Men

Hey there my lovely blog buddies. What a week I've had! It's been all go. I can't believe we're in the middle of March already. I made a couple of sweet fairy cards this week (all will be revealed soon) and have had this 'boys make' on my desk for a couple of weeks in pieces. But I just didn't know how to put it together. I had some gorgeous rocket papers, and other space themed bits and bobs, but none of them quite worked with the vision in my head. Mr Mojo conveniently took a holiday! But I made it, by the seat of pants, in time for our new challenge at Sweet Stampin' this week. Our theme, (you guessed it) is 'Boys to Men'. So we want to see all your gorgeous boy's and men's cards this week.


Our wonderful sponsor this week is the fabulous 'All Dressed Up' and they have some utterly enchanting images. So go check them out! Our lucky winner is in for a real treat.


After printing off about 20 sweet space themed papers, none of which were quite right, I settled on this fab yellow stars on blue background paper from Pixel Scrapper's Melo Vrijhof. This is from her Sweet Dreams collection. I wanted quite a bright 'primary colours' themed card, so this was the best in the end. If you look closely, the paper has rings running through it, like the orbital rings you see depicted in space models. So I placed the planets on these to mimic the orbiting planets. Not at all correct, as the moon and Earth are at opposite corners, with Pluto and Mars in the totally wrong place, but artistic license and all that. ;)


I threw in a shooting star, diecut from an older quickutz die and the wee aliens and spaceship also from quickutz dies. It's not obvious in the pic above, but I gave the moon some texture by creating little circular dips and bumps over it to give it that 'holey cheese' effect. The three planets I cut with different sized stitched edge dies from an MFT Blueprints Set (#12) and a Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes set. The land masses on the earth circle were created with Quickutz dies also. 


Those of you who know your geography, might spot, Sweden, the mainland of Denmark and Japan. I had to work with what I had, and I've had these in my die collection for years unused. So it was fab to finally have a reason to use them! The fact that the young man I made this for has a Danish papa and Swedish mama made it quite appropriate to use! The Japan link was random, it was the only die shape I had that worked in the space left by the other two.


You can see the rocket in flight in the pic above. I've used a bit of stiff clear plastic that I cut from a blueberries packet and created a Z fold fixing one end to the card over the edge of the Earth as if the spaceship took off from there and the other end to the spaceship. When it's folded down, the ship sits just over the Earth and then you can move it to its full extension as if it's travelling to the Moon and it comes to a stop with its tip just over the moon. Fun for kids I would think. My little boy Zac thinks it's really cool! It got the Georgie seal of approval too.


I decorated the inside of the card too, as I couldn't work out where on the front of the card to fit the sentiment. I wanted to use the sweet sentiment which came in the same set as the little rocket. It's an older Whimsy Stamps set by 2 Cute Ink called Play Time. I had some diecuts left over, so I added a few of those too. I rather like the lil' Alien surfing the shooting star!


That's it from me for now. I do have a little video which shows the rocket in movement, but hubby needs to teach me how to load that. So I'll update when that's done. I'm off to my lovely pal's High Tea birthday party now, but I'll be back again soon with one of those Fairy cards I made. In the meantime, go check out the absolutely fabulous 'Boys to Men' creations my lovely teamies have made and come join in our fun challenge with your own 'Boys to Men' creations. See you again really soon. Hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
The ABC Challenge: C is for Cute
Simon Says Stamp: A Bit O' Green
One Crazy Stamper: March ~ Anything Goes
Just Keep On Creating: March ~ Anything Goes
Whimsy Stamps Challenge: #91 ~ Anything Goes
Simply Papercraft Challenge: #25 ~ Anything Goes
Shopping Our Stash: #242 ~ In A Galaxy Far, Far Away
Sparkles Monthly Challenge: #77 ~ Something For The Males
City Crafter Challenge: I'm Working On My PhD (Considering how long I played with the papers on this make, I think it qualifies! Though I have been known to have things on the go for months not just weeks! LOL. Great challenge theme, loved it!)

Update: I was featured on the Saturday Shout Out at Shopping Our Stash! Thank you ladies, that made my day :)

Comments

Chris said…
Fabulous card Wends, lovely design and image...love that the little rocket moves, will delight any boy! It's beautiful on the inside too!
Chris
x
Mojca said…
Waw this looks so very pretty. Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. Hugs! Mojca
Stella said…
Such a lovely card; I love the theme you used for your design. And perfect for our challenge1 Thanks so much for joining us this week at CCCB!
Donna said…
Super cute card! Love the wee fella peeking out of the rocket! Thanks for joining the crew at SHOPPING OUR STASH for our "In A Galaxy Far Far Away" challenge!!
Oh Wendy this is so cute - love your 'launching' rocket and the wonderful primary colours
Blessings
Maxine
Such a fun card for a boy Wedgie, the aliens and the rocket that moves are great. Have a wonderful weekend.

Kramar
Maarit
mixamatoasties said…
This is fab Wends. Love everything! Such a fun boy card.

Susan xx
Patty Sue 2 said…
What a great card for that special little guy (or big)! Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge! Good luck and please join us again!
Ros Crawford said…
Great card for a boy!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!
lauren bergold said…
oh my gosh--this is so fun and so fabulous... every detail is perfection! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! ♥
Chris Dring said…
I adore your out-of-this-world card! So much detail piled onto this amazing creation! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!
Beautiful card !
Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges and good luck !
Maryvonne , DT
Cazro said…
A super scenic card. hanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges. Caz DT
jenn shurkus said…
wicked fun card!! thank you for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Leanne said…
Great job, love boy cards, nicely done and I really think someone that gets this one will be super excited. Fantastic. Thanks for playing our challenge at One Crazy Stamper.
Leanne DT/OCS
suzARTe said…
This is so so cute, I love the space theme, the rocket looks fantastic with all the bright colours, the sentiment goes perfectly with the card as well.Thanks so much for sharing your creation at
Anything goes March link-up, Just keep on creating
Susan xx
Unknown said…
Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Simply Papercraft. - good luck
Lyn - DT
Nat said…
So many great details on your fab design!! :) :) :) Thanks for playing our challenge at One Crazy Stamper.

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy