Sweet Stampin' ~ Swirls & Pearls

Happy Easter my lovely blog buddies! Wow I can't believe another week has come to a close and it's Easter Sunday tomorrow. The kiddos are so excited, we always do a super fun Easter hunt round at my brothers, which is fab, because he has a huge garden with chooks at the bottom of it, so it feels rather fitting! It's been one of the highlights of my kiddos years, since we returned home to New Zealand. Hopefully the weather will hold out, as we're entering Autumn now and it's been pouring the last few days! But we're forecast sunshine, so finger's crossed!


We've a fab new challenge starting today at Sweet Stampin' and the theme is rather lovely, it's 'Pearls & Swirls'. I had grandiose ideas that I could pull off a shabby chic masterpiece, but reality check, I think I'll leave that rather skilled gorgeousness to those amazing crafty divas out there, (ahem, Live & Love Crafts DT crew), you know who I mean! But I did pull out my stroke only Pion Design papers and found a rather delish set of papers to work with. I'd been playing around colouring up a sweet fairy and putting the two together, I realised the colours I'd used on the fairy worked really well with these gorgeous papers, so my card grew from there. 


I love these papers, I mean REALLY love these papers, so they don't get much of an outing, they're really just for me to swoon over. But every now and again I find myself inspired to use them and when I do, I really don't want to 'cover' any of them, they're just so pretty, with such lovely details on the pages. So my original idea of going full 'shabby chic', got pared right back, to simple paper placing, thin mat edges in contrasting tones and butterflies, because I had to have butterflies for this theme. Pearls and little butterfly trails, was all I could think of when the theme was announced. But no lace, or ribbon, because I want you to see the pretty paper!


The image I've used for this challenge is a sweet one I came across on Deviantart by the Artist Yam Puff. It's called Cherry Blossom Fairy. I loved this sweet image and have wanted to colour it up for some time. I was just playing around with my Promarkers trying a 'sheer' effect and wanted to try giving her silver tinged hair just to see how it would look. I loved it, so kept it and I coloured her dress to tone with the cherry blossoms, so it was all a rather organic creative process. I do love to colour when I'm just playing, seeing where the inspiration will take me. I don't often have time just to 'play'.


The papers as I mentioned are Pion Design from their 'From My Heart II' set of 6x6 papers. The blue/green papers are the 'Forget Me Not' pages. Sandy of Live & Love Crafts has a fabulous special in store right now, which includes some utterly gorgeous Pion Design papers. So go check them out. The sentiment was inked with the purple ink from a Kaleidacolor ink pad called Creole Spice. I've cut the large butterfly with my favourite butterfly die, which is from an older Joy Crafts die called Vintage Flourishes. I think it has the prettiest shaped wings. The smaller butterfly I cut with a Cheery Lynn die, called Exotic Butterflies Small. My set came without the wee Angel Wings. I cut two of each butterfly and layered them up. I used the mauve underneath, just to hint at that colour and layered the blue/green butterflies on top. I used tiny mauve pearls to create the butterfly bodies. I've had these a while and they came from MeiFlower. I wanted a trail behind each butterfly, which is my 'swirl' for the challenge theme, so I used tiny iridescent gems for this. These are also from MeiFlower. It's actually a pretty CAS card really, because the paper does all the work for me. But I think it looks quite lush because of the beauty of these Pion Design papers. 


I couldn't get a good shot of this wee fairy, it's been so overcast here the past few days. So I popped her outside in the long grass to see if that gave a better tone. I think it brings the colours in the papers out better. I hope you'll come and play along with our Pearls and Swirls challenge at Sweet Stampin' and I look forward to seeing what you come up with! Do go and check out the stunning cards my talented teamies have created for this challenge, those girlies rock!


Now the best news about this challenge, is our fabulous sponsor is none other than Live & Love Crafts! So now you know you want to come and enter the fun right?! I'll be back soon with another crafty adventure, but in the meantime, I'll be enjoying some Easter fun with the kiddos, celebrating my birthday, drawing the winners for my celebration candy (which includes a £10 voucher to Live & Love Crafts ya'll!) so I've got some busy days ahead. Happy Easter lovelies! Big hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
Mod Squad Challenge: Springtime
Crafts & Me: March Challenge ~ Spring
I <3 Promarkers: #305 ~ Swirls & Pearls
Sparkles Challenge: #78 ~ Make It Girlie
Stamping Sensations: March ~ Flower Power
The Cutie Pie Challenge: #97 ~ So Fairy Cute
The Ribbon Girl: March ~ Any Image Challenge
Passion For Promarkers: #338 ~ Spring Has Sprung
Moving Along With The Times: #16 ~ In The Garden
Whimsy Stamps Challenge: #92 ~ Spring Colours or Easter

Comments

This is so delicate and pretty, just love the soft colours and of course the lush papers. Enjoy your egg hunt, what are chooks?
What a beauty Wendy - this is a wonderful card - love your colours, and the papers really complement your image colours.
Blessings
Maxine
Oh, this is so gorgeous Wends, the beautiful fairy and the fabulous papers make it very special. Happy Easter sweetie!!!

Varma kramar
Maarit
Tracey T said…
Absolutely gorgeous! The image is beautiful and I love how your layout really shows off the beautiful papers. Enjoy the Easter egg hunt - I'll have my fingers crossed for good weather for you. Unsurprisingly, it's piddling down here! xx
Chris said…
Stunning card Wends, beautiful delicate colours and lovely design, the papers ARE fabulous! I'm off to check out L&L crafts!
Hope the egg hunt goes well not holding out much hope for ours the weather forecast is pretty grim!
Chris
x
Pat said…
Absolutely gorgeous card Wends, I love the beautiful fairy image and your great card design. Have a Happy Easter.

Pat xx
Sarah said…
Love the fairylike delicacy of this beauty and I can see why those papers are so precious. Enjoy your egg hunt!! xx
Dawn T said…
just delightful Wendy.
brenda said…
A beautiful fair creation Wendy in such pretty soft shades of lilac.

Many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x
Donna said…
Stunning card Wendy which is so perfect for our spring theme over at Passion for Promarkers. Beautifully coloured image and fab pastels! Thank you for joining in the fun with us this week and good luck! :) Donna ♥ x
Wendy L said…
This is super sweet, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx
Wishcraft said…
Gorgeous... such a pretty card! Happy Easter hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x
Lorraine said…
A gorgeous card, love the soft colours and pretty butterflies.

Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at Passion for Promarkers
Lorraine x
Scrappydo said…
Really love the soft, pretty colours on this card. I don't use pastels myself very much thanks to the males genes in the house - so really appreciate seeing what others can do with such soft tones! (Kelly)
Many thanks for joining in the fun at PFP this week, your card is gorgeous.
Lorraine DT
The Crafty Den said…
Such a beautiful, delicate card Wendy. I love the image and your pretty details. Lovely to have you join us at PFP this week for Donna's 'spring has sprung' challenge. Hugs, Denise x
Lisa Babitz said…
Gorgeous card! You're right - the paper is fabulous! It goes beautifully with your fairy image and your butterflies. I love the softness of this and the colors you chose. Love the trails behind the butterflies as well. Thanks for joining us over at the Mod Squad Challenge this week!
coldwaters2 said…
OMG Wends this is stunning, that image is totally full of magic the papers are a perfect compliment to her wonderful soft delicate colours, amazing creation I love it
hugs
lorraine x
Andie's Space said…
Hi Wendy,
Oh my! This is sooo pretty. I love your cute image & gorgeous colour scheme. Those papers are fab & I love those embellies. It's awesome!
Hugs,
Andie xx

BTW. Thanks for joining us at Passion For Promarkers this week.
Pamellia said…
Wow Wendy, this is gorgeous! What an amazing image and I love the soft colouring you did. Beautiful background papers and those butterflies are incredible! So intricate and feminine, what a delicious card! Hope you had a wonderful Easter! hugs :)
Marjeta said…
This is gorgeous card. Love the image an DP. Butterflys are just a final touch. Super.

Marjeta
Dora said…
Beautiful card with that soft colours. Beautiful image!
thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.
Elise said…
Wow this is GORGEOUS Wendy! I so love the soft delicate colors .. so shabby chic! And what a darling fairy coloured to perfection!

Big hugs,
Elise
Lovely card, thanks for joining us @ Cutie Pie's. Sue x
Tina Z. said…
this is fantastic, I love the butterflies.
Jose said…
Love your cards and coloring
Aunty Sue said…
Wow just love this the delicate colours are awesomee
Eret said…
So pretty and elegant card. Love the soft colors and beautiful butterflies on it. Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Stamping Sensation.
Eret x
Jan said…
Stunning card, Happy Birthday xx Jan
Karen said…
Wends, my sweet and beautiful friend, I have been away to take care of health and family situations... I am so grateful to be fluttering by today! Your card is positively dreamy, magical, and all things lovely. What a darling image, which you've paired so perfectly with an equally delightful paper collection. Oh how my heart adores those butterflies, delivering endless love and joy to the recipient. Thank you for always making my heart sparkle ever brighter! You are a treasure and I am forever grateful for you and your lovely heart. :o)

Hugs and blessings,
Karen
Anne said…
Very pretty card Wendy with lots of lovely little touches. I know about the papers, it's sooo hard to use the lovely ones!!

Hope you had a lovely Easter weekend

Anne x
creationsnz said…
This is so pretty, every little girls dream. CarolG
Diane Louise J said…
Hi... thanks for sharing your lovely card with the 'Swirls & Pearls' challenge over at 'I Love Promarkers'.
Diane Louise (Guest DT) x
Wow . this is SO fantastic coloured! Thanks a lot for sharing it with us at I Love ProMarkers Challenge. Hope to see you back for more challenges. Good luck, hugs from Lisbeth
aussie aNNie said…
Brilliant designed creation...love it. Have a wonderful weekend.xxx  {aNNie}
Helen said…
Gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.

Hugs Helen P (DT) xx
Julie said…
Beautiful card. Love the papers and the butterflies. Thank you for joining us at the Cutie Pie challenge.
Lilibet said…
Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining the challenge at I love Promarkers. Good luck. Liz x
Linda Levoir said…
LOVE this delicate and pretty card. Yam Puff does such lovely characters, I'm very partial to her and also Sureya who I have a whole folder of and yet to colour one!

Love the soft colours you've chosen, everything harmonises beautifully :) xx
Ginny said…
the colouring on this is supberb and the whole card is sublime, every one is my new favourite xx :)
Shona Hamill said…
Fabulous image and layout. Thank you for joining us at The Cutie Pie Challenge. Shona xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy