Southern Girls Challenge ~ Use A Die Cut

Hey there my lovely blog buddies. Time for a new challenge at Southern Girls and I'm running around like a chook without a head. So I'll check back in with you all with the detes for my card later today...

****************************

I'm back and ready to share the detes of my card. Sorry about the false start! I've been volunteering at my lil' dudes school this morning, so running in to catch a few minutes to write up this post properly.

We have a new challenge starting today at Southern Girls and our theme is 'Use a Die Cut'. We have two awesome sponsors for this challenge so that's two utterly fabulous prizes up for grabs!

A big thank you to our two awesome sponsors for providing images for our design team to work with for this challenge. I've used a really fun set of Gerda Steiner stamps provided by Krafter's Cart for my card.


I've used a fun background paper from an Antipodean designer called Grace Taylor. Bright bold fun colours for that party feel and because this card was made to celebrate the 12th birthday of my Georgie's Swedish pal, I added a big number 12 to mark that milestone. I think Gerda's wee monsters are super fun. Georgie was a little worried this was too 'babyish' now for her pal, as they're getting to that pre-teen angst stage. But I think it's fun and has that celebratory feel, so went with it anyway. (She can make her own, little critic!)


I used an MFT Die-namics Blueprint set to cut the layering mats. It's the #14 set. The number 12 was cut with a Marianne Design number set. Those cute Gerda Steiner critters were coloured with my Promarkers. I really love these pens, the blending is so easy!


A big thank you to our second sponsor Kenny K, who also provided some gorgeous images for the DT to work with. I've had printer issues, so haven't been able to work with any digital images lately, but hope to rectify that soon!


Head over to the blog and see what my awesomely talented teamies got up to with their fabulous images. Thanks for popping in today, I hope you like my 'RAWRsome' card and stop in again soon for my next crafty adventure. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Challenge Entries:
4 Crafty Chicks: #343 ~ Punches or Dies
Lemon Shortbread: #37 ~ Anything Goes
The Ribbon Girl: March ~ Use Any Image
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Layer It Up
A Gem Of A Challenge: #190 ~ Boys Birthday
Colour Crazy Challenge: #11 ~ Anything Goes
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends: #54 ~ Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations Challenge: #271 ~ Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Use More Than One Diecut or Punch
As You Like It: Favourite Colouring Medium and Why ~ Now that's a no brainer! My Promarkers!! I love these alcohol pens. They're always my preferred medium, even if I dabble in a bit of distress ink colouring, I always come back to my Promarkers. I've tried a few Copics and I don't see that they have any benefit over my Promarkers. I love the colour range, the intensity of the colours and the easy blendability, so I'll remain a Promarker girl for a long time yet I think. :)

Update: Delighted to say I was named in the Top 3 at A Gem of a Challenge. Thank you so much ladies, that is has made my day! :)

Comments

Sarah said…
Holy mackerel, this is gorgeous!! They really are a pawsome trio!! xx
Wendy said…
Fabulous fun card Wends, great image.
Hugs
Wendy xx
Unknown said…
Aww this is so cute and fun! Fab design!
Lucy x
Chris said…
Your little monsters are super cute! Lovely design and bright fun colours, a fun and happy birthday card. Had to smile at Georgie's reaction, kids can be so critical :))! My granddaughters haven't quite reached that stage yet but as Livvy reaches the grand age of 10 next month, I'm sure it won't be long in coming!!!
I remember the days helping out in my children's classrooms...the last time I did it my daughter was the teacher! The children (aged 4-5) were fascinated by the fact that their teacher had a Mummy!
Hope you get your printer back soon, must be so frustrating!
hugs
Chris
x
kareN stampZ said…
You make those monsters look like so much fun. I can imagine any child would be over the moon to receive this card.
What a fun card Wends - those monsters are gorgeous!!
Blessings
Maxine
This is such a fun bright card
Linda Levoir said…
Such a super fun card, love those monsters! :) xx
Karen Oliver said…
Oh I do love those wee monsters. How clever you made a little monster party. Love it Wendy. Karen xo
Sandy Palmer said…
What a fun birthday card. Love the design and paper here. Cute image. Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! :)
Nannieflash said…
Oh thats such a fabulous little boys card and my g.grandsons would love it. Thanks for joining us at PG, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxxx
Julie said…
Just brilliant Wendy, I love those little guys, and how super cute you've inked them up a treat! Xxx
Rene said…
Too cute! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck,
Rene
What an absolutely fun card you've created here! I certainly don't remember getting this cool of a card when I turned 12! I love the bright colors and the wonderfully whimsical images you've used. I also think that the patterned paper in the background could not be more perfect! Thank you so much for sharing such a delightful card with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!
So much fun! Thank you for sharing and joining in the fun with us at Colour Crazy Challenge Blog. Yvonne (DT)
Gayatri said…
Colourful and adorable card. I love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Gayatri xx
Larissa said…
This is a really fun card. I love the images and how you coloured them. Thanks for joining us at the As you like it challenge.

Hugs,
Larissa

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy