Straight From Heaven You Came

I don't even know how long it's been since I did a post just for fun. But I really wanted to share this card I created for one of my sisters. I created it to celebrate the happy news that she's expecting a baby. I know how much I longed for that news to be mine to share, and we're all over the moon for her. I made this as soon as she shared the news. I was so excited!


I loved this beautiful image from Krista Smith the moment I laid eyes on it and I always knew I'd find a really special creation to use this on. I remember feeling that all my Christmases had come at once when I fell pregnant with my Georgie, we had tried for so long and the news for my sister held equal joy. Ours are miracle babes, long waited for, sent straight from Heaven. So this card holds special love and joy over her happy news. 


I used a plain kraft card base, which I didn't want to fully cover as it echoed the hair colour of the Angel. So I used a cut down strip of pretty pink paper, wrapped it in sparkly organza ribbon, added a few pink pearls and then stamped that sweet greeting straight on the kraft card base. I used my Promarkers to colour this image, as I hadn't yet bought my copics then. I just love the soft pink of her dress. I've yet to find copics in those shades, adding one or two pens here and there. I coloured her halo with a glitter Spica Pen in Blossom.


I added shading to the wings and then covered them in Glamour Dust loose glitter for a bit of sparkle and bling. A very simple creation really, but with such a beautiful image, I didn't want to add lots of additional bling, so kept it quite CAS. I hope you like my creation and thanks for popping in on me today. I'll be back very soon (finally) with the details of my blog candy. Until then, big hugs to you all, Wends xoxo

Challenge Entries:
In The Pink: #126 ~ Ribbons & Bows
Crafty Creations: #353 ~ Anything Goes
Lemon Shortbread: #53 ~ Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner: #146 ~ Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Challenge: #43 ~ Anything Goes
The Ribbon Girl: October ~ Any Image Challenge
Really Reasonable Ribbon: #174 ~ Anything Goes with Ribbon
Fairytale Challenge: Not More Than 4 ~ DP, Pearls, Ribbon, Glitter
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Monochrome. I didn't start out trying to make this monochrome, but apart from the hair and skin, it's a very 'pink' card. So hopefully you agree it fits. :)
As You Like It: People or Animals? This is my third and final 'people' entry for the challenge. Angels are people right?! I just love this image and colouring people. It's amazing how different an image can look with different hair colours, or skin tones. I really enjoy colouring the same image in different ways.

Update:  I've just had the loveliest surprise. I popped over to 'In The Pink' and spotted that I've made it into their Top 6! I'm so chuffed! Thank you ladies. This card was a bit special to me, so I'm so glad you love it too!


Comments

Chris said…
What fantastic news Wends! How happy your sister must be, no wonder you're excited! It's so lovely to hear such happy news! Your card is beautiful, love the pretty image, fabulous layout, and the sentiment is perfect to celebrate a miracle baby.
Huge hugs
xx
This is so beautiful, Wendy! Congratulations to your sister, and to you for becoming an Auntie (soon). I hope she has a healthy pregnancy, and that this baby is a huge blessing in your lives. Thanks so much for sharing this lovely card with us. I hope you will join us again soon.
Blessings,
Karen L
Really Reasonable Ribbon
P.S. I hope you will come by and also play along with us at Word Art Wednesday. It's always Anything Goes/Family Friendly, and we have amazing prizes every week. I'd love having you join us!
Karen
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
Wendy said…
Aww that’s absolutely wonderful news, so happy for you all :) know just how it feels after waiting so long and feeling so blessed when our miracle baby’s finally arrive... just love your card you have made your sister, so adorable and very special
Big hugs
Wendy xxx
Fikreta said…
very pretty card!
Oh Wends, it brings me joy to hear that your sister, and you, are so happy about the coming baby - I know she will be welcomed and very much loved. To read of your excitement is wonderful when you read of so many wee ones who are not welcome and mistreated
Your card is beautiful, love all the sparkle and shimmer!!
Blessings
Maxine
Dawn T said…
Congrats to your sister. What a delightful card Wendy. I'm sure that she will love it.
Sarah said…
What a beautiful card to celebrate such wonderful news. We were extremely lucky to be blessed quite quickly with our boys but the daughter of a friend has just given birth to her first baby at 39. She hadn't been able to carry to full term for 18 years, so he is a very special boy indeed. Anyway, this is another perfect entry for us at AYLI xx
Cara said…
What wonderful news and such a beautiful card to celebrate. I will cross everything so that all goes well x
Unknown said…
Sweet card! The sentiment behind it is very touching! Great job! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Ciao, Lisa
Barbara said…
Amazing card, love the image you use, touch of glitter is fantastic! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! barbara
Julie Reed said…
Gorgeous image and a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Crazy.
Julie DT x
Christine L said…
Ooh this is so gorgeous Wends... loving her in pink (of course), and with all that beautiful sparkle on her wings... a fabulous card!

I was in a similar situation before I got pregnant with my eldest.. we'd tried for years with no result - and like you say, when it does happen.... it's really is a true gift! And then I had my second daughter 18 months after with no struggling to conceive.. all a long time ago as they're 33 and 31 now!

Christine x

Marilyn said…
What a beautiful card for your sister on the expected baby. It is a gorgeous image, so sweet and something she will treasure forever. I can just see this going into the baby book/box and rightly so because it is something she will cherish.
Elise said…
OoOOH a huge CONGRATULATIONS to your sister on her pregnancy!!! And I know she will absolutely LOVE her most STUNNING card! Awwwwww ... I love this kind of happy news! Definitely big miracles straight from Heaven!!! :)

Big hugs,
Elise
Lynne said…
A beautiful card and I love all your glitter. Lovely news and thank you for joining in at As You Like It x
Kati said…
Your little angle is so cute!!Thanks for showing your beautiful card for the fairytale take 4- challenge.
hugs
mamapia
Anna-Karin said…
This is very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT
Kleri said…
Big congratulations!Awesome card!Perfect for the occasion!Thank you for joining our challenge this week at the Crafty Gals Corner!Hope you join us again next week!
Hugs
Kleri DT
http://craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
http://kefartworx.co.uk/ (My blog)
Bianca said…
What a super lovely card! Love the glittering wings. Thank you for joining us at Fairytale Challenge. xx Bianca

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy